Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H V Rx450H

Fellow IS300h owners,

Bit of a decision to make and I need some help.

I love my IS300h F-Sport.

Having come from an RX300 I have missed the space and additional comforts, but I love the style, speed and sporty IS.

I have an opportunity to change from my one year old IS to a three year old RX450h.

Tax is double the price €190 up to €380. Mpg down 56 to 44 approx. etc etc.

Any views/comments?

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

You've used the word 'love' twice in respect of the IS and only 'miss" once in respect of the RX.

Obviously it's completely subjective (apart from running costs difference) but I think you would miss the aspects you love about the IS more than those of the RX.

My vote is stick with what you have.

Good luck!!

No point getting one now - new one coming out approx end of this year.

Cant say you'd miss the "speed" of the IS though - RX shifts!

I would have thought that depends on the budget.

Well yeah, what I meant was, wait till the new one comes out, value of the older models will drop and there'll be some pretty good deals around £10k + discounts etc

Well yeah, what I meant was, wait till the new one comes out, value of the older models will drop and there'll be some pretty good deals around £10k + discounts etc

Gotcha.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Hi - I don't own a 300h but do own a 2011 RX450 along with a 98 LS400. Had a 300h f sport last week while the RX was in for a service. Two very different cars, I was surprised how sporty the is felt - that said I was finding it hard to get over the engine note. Still think the RX is one of the great all round cars - as others have said, the 44mpg is fantasy - we average around 27 from mainly short runs - sometimes this as low as 21 and best is 33. The is l had last week was showing 38mpg over 4k miles - guess as a loan car it will get some stick. I did around 50 miles of fast a road driving and got about 38mpg too. Really liked the is but they (rx & is) are two very different cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links