Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Michelin Latitude Tour Hp Review

Looking forward to some snow to see how these perform!

( I suspect on compacted ice, it's another story? )

Same here!

I doubt any tyre would be good on compacted ice though unless it had spikes coming out of it.

• 3 months later...

hello,

I was wondering any feedback after long term use on this?

Front tyres of my RX450h needs changing.( 235/55/19).

Costco quoted £147 per tyre (£15 cashback on top makes it £132) for michelin tour. Price included fitting and balancing. Called up lexus today to ask their price they said that the best thwy  can do is £145 for bridgestone. I later realised that Lexus garage being a garage the VAt will be on top.

She said that Lexus recommend only Bridgestone or Dunlop. I forgot to ask the model name of Bridgestone. I believe that recommended tyre is just corporate gimmic and micheline is a good brand.

She also said that some local garage ends up breaking your valve or scratch the car while lexus take care of the car and they will clean the car from inside and outside.

I was wondering what is your views. I am thinking that if Lexus quote includes VAT then the price difference isn't big enough on its own to go to Costco/ michellin and your feedback/ recommendation will play a key role. If VAT is on TOP then the price difference alone is big is enough to go for Costco /michelin unless you point out something that I am forgetting to consider

Thanks

S

12 hours ago, cool SN said:

hello,

Costco quoted £147 per tyre (£15 cashback on top makes it £132) for michelin tour. Price included fitting and balancing. Called up lexus today to ask their price they said that the best thwy  can do is £145 for bridgestone. I later realised that Lexus garage being a garage the VAt will be on top.

She said that Lexus recommend only Bridgestone or Dunlop. I forgot to ask the model name of Bridgestone. I believe that recommended tyre is just corporate gimmic and micheline is a good brand.

She also said that some local garage ends up breaking your valve or scratch the car while lexus take care of the car and they will clean the car from inside and outside.

I was wondering what is your views. I am thinking that if Lexus quote includes VAT then the price difference isn't big enough on its own to go to Costco/ michellin and your feedback/ recommendation will play a key role. If VAT is on TOP then the price difference alone is big is enough to go for Costco /michelin unless you point out something that I am forgetting to consider

Thanks

S

Honestly have no complaints. Had a bit of snow (very little I should say) but nevertheless the tyres did very well. They are still as quiet as day one, Ive put more than 7k miles on them now and wear is too little to care. Its gone down maybe 1mm in 7k so if that keeps going I still have another 25k+ left on them theoretically. Very comfortable tyres too, they soak up the bumps really well compared to the Dunlop SP Sport 270 with better grip too.

Ive been running them on 36psi and they feel very surefooted and comfortable, not to mention smoooooth.

I got mine done at Lexus and my wheels were left in the same condition as they went in. I paid £50 for all 4 fitting and supplied tyres myself which is an option I guess.

• Like 1

I too have these fitted to my car and I am happy to recommend them.

There other threads dedicated to tyres on this forum, maybe you should take a look. Overall, feedback on these tyres seems very positive, and I think it is worth spending a little extra on them if need be.

32 minutes ago, DanD said:

I too have these fitted to my car and I am happy to recommend them.

There other threads dedicated to tyres on this forum, maybe you should take a look. Overall, feedback on these tyres seems very positive, and I think it is worth spending a little extra on them if need be.

Thanks

Something is wrong with my browser (or forum)

I replied twice to Rayaan's post but it didn't appear here.

Anyways Thanks Rayaan and DanD for your reply I will go for michelin now.

Rayaan, just checking if you ran old tyres on 36psi as well? lexus adviced me to run on 33 psi and i also thought it should be bit higher

DanD , can you post the link for tyres post please? I couldn't find when I searched last night

S

3 hours ago, cool SN said:

Something is wrong with my browser (or forum)

I replied twice to Rayaan's post but it didn't appear here.

Anyways Thanks Rayaan and DanD for your reply I will go for michelin now.

Rayaan, just checking if you ran old tyres on 36psi as well? lexus adviced me to run on 33 psi and i also thought it should be bit higher

DanD , can you post the link for tyres post please? I couldn't find when I searched last night

S

Yes, both tyres were run on 36psi.

The manual actually says 32psi but i thought that was too low as the car wasn't as confident in the turns and visually, the tyres just looked deflated from the side on level ground. Not had any issues with 36psi. Feels much smoother on good roads and has added confidence in the turns. To top it up, MPG has increased by about 2mpg but that could be down to the tyres themselves.

The thing about Lexus recommending Dunlop/Bridgestone is a bit of nonsense to be honest. These Michelin's are standard fitment in USA and Canada which are the biggest markets for Lexus so I dont think they'd go round putting these tyres on otherwise.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cool SN said:

hello,

Thanks

S

Ye I still have mine . Gotta say . Think they saved my car from crashing . 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/crash-left-one-car-roof-10703429

i passed this crash just after it happened . I could have been the 4wd or tyres . But only the tyres were on the ice . Definitely won't be scrimping on tyres ever again . 

As for comfort and sound . Best tyre I've had :) 

• Like 2

There you go (did a search on "latitude"),

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/76778-tyre-recommendations

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/102688-tyre-choice

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/101365-new-tyres-time-rx450h

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/97969-tyres-again

There may be other threads...

Incidentally, I run mine of 35psi, although I would recommend 33psi if driving in snow as this would ensure better contact with the road...

• Like 1

On 1/26/2016 at 8:58 PM, flumperboy said:

Ye I still have mine . Gotta say . Think they saved my car from crashing . 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/crash-left-one-car-roof-10703429

i passed this crash just after it happened . I could have been the 4wd or tyres . But only the tyres were on the ice . Definitely won't be scrimping on tyres ever again . 

As for comfort and sound . Best tyre I've had :) 

You are very lucky. Another reason to stick with Lexus :)

15 hours ago, DanD said:

There you go (did a search on "latitude"),

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/76778-tyre-recommendations

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/102688-tyre-choice

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/101365-new-tyres-time-rx450h

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/97969-tyres-again

There may be other threads...

Incidentally, I run mine of 35psi, although I would recommend 33psi if driving in snow as this would ensure better contact with the road...

clearly I was searching incorrectly. I searched for Rx450 tyre :)

Thanks I will go through them tonight. 

In your opinion it is alright to change from any garage? Lexus was trying to sell me their services that some garages break valve etc but they don't.

Surely a good garage (like costco do only tyres) know what they are doing

clearly I was searching incorrectly. I searched for Rx450 tyre :)

Thanks I will go through them tonight. 

In your opinion it is alright to change from any garage? Lexus was trying to sell me their services that some garages break valve etc but they don't.

Surely a good garage (like costco do only tyres) know what they are doing

Depends. Id ask Lexus how much they charge for the tyres fitting and if its reasonable just buy them on the net and get them to fit them. That way if they gouge a section of your rim out, you have some protection.

Places like Costco may rush and they're well known to have ignorant monkeys working in the bays.

Here you go. 

I bought them from here:

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/michelin/latitude-tour-hp/235-55-r19-101v-178484?utm_source=compare&utm_medium=google-shopping&utm_campaign=tyre&gclid=CPfmp4bwz8oCFSQYwwodmt4EfQ

Same price as I got them. Even if Lexus charge you £100 for 4 fitting it'll be £148

thanks all.

Here is an update.

Bought 2 tyres from tyre leaders. Thanks rayaans for the link. Lexus charged me £20 +vat to replace the tyres. Asked them in advance just in case.

all done in £268 + a 50 miles journey.

Tyres leader is good website shame i never knew earlier. my old car would have lasted longer :) having said that the service has a lot of room to improve. you can't contact their customer services unless you placed an order like no telephone / chat / mail to enquire etc. i spend 4 - 5 hours trying to place an order and it was keep rejecting at their end compalining payment rejected at terminal and no further message. i knew my card is ok. infact it tried so many times that my card was put on hold by my bank. sorted that and tried few more times and finally got through.

As mentioned by tyreleader the tyre came in 72 hours from netherland.

regarding website you get what you pay for  (in terms of services). For me apart from my experience with order, everything is fine.

The tyres are heavy.

thanks again 

S

thanks all.

Here is an update.

Bought 2 tyres from tyre leaders. Thanks rayaans for the link. Lexus charged me £20 +vat to replace the tyres. Asked them in advance just in case.

all done in £268 + a 50 miles journey.

Tyres leader is good website shame i never knew earlier. my old car would have lasted longer :) having said that the service has a lot of room to improve. you can't contact their customer services unless you placed an order like no telephone / chat / mail to enquire etc. i spend 4 - 5 hours trying to place an order and it was keep rejecting at their end compalining payment rejected at terminal and no further message. i knew my card is ok. infact it tried so many times that my card was put on hold by my bank. sorted that and tried few more times and finally got through.

As mentioned by tyreleader the tyre came in 72 hours from netherland.

regarding website you get what you pay for  (in terms of services). For me apart from my experience with order, everything is fine.

The tyres are heavy.

thanks again 

S

Never had any issues with tyreleader myself. But then, I always order the tyres as they are described. Im very careful when it comes to ordering from foreign countries. However, the good thing is that you've got the tyres and you certainly won't regret them! Itll feel like you're riding on a magic carpet when you drive on them for the first time.

Let us know how you find them!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links