Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tinted Windows.

Chaps and Chapasses,

I have noticed that my recently purchased IS 200 SE, has one rear passenger window tinted. I wondered what he cost would be to have the other changed for a tint? I know to get it changed back to a normal colour would obviously be slightly cheaper, but I just wondered exactly by how much?

A stupid question I know, but I cant have just one tinted window, I think it looks stupid!

Sad isn't it? The only thing I can moan about is a stoopid tinted window!

:zee:

Sad isn't it? The only thing I can moan about is a stoopid tinted window!

:zee:

Nah, not at all. Lexus drivers like their cars to be just right :winky:

The SE doesn't have privacy glass as standard, so if any of the windows are tinted it's usually done using a film rather than actually fitting darker glass. Getting the other windows tinted to match is probably around £50 a window (well Lexus Brighton charged me £100 to have both front/side windows tinted).

I'd guess the previous owner had the windows tinted, and that one got broken and was replaced with the standard glass, and they never got round to tinting it again. Maybe you could find out who the previous owner was and ask them who did the tinting?

Yeah I've seen on here Matt that you all really rate this fella, £50 for the fronts is a steal.. I'm getting the 50% on the fronts - is that what you've gone for Billy??

Matt, how much does it affect your visibility out of the car at night? Reason I ask is that I can hardly tell the difference looking out the rears at night whereas they look much darker when you're outside, I guess that's the point but just wondered if the film does the same quality job??

Matt, how much does it affect your visibility out of the car at night? Reason I ask is that I can hardly tell the difference looking out the rears at night whereas they look much darker when you're outside, I guess that's the point but just wondered if the film does the same quality job??

depends on how dark you go.

mine are 35% - and this does not affect visibility at night at all - I can see just fine.

however, it does stop people seeing in (black interior means you can hardly see the back seats) , so good for people not being able to see if you have left anything in the car.

it also dramatically reduces the heat in the car (in summer - clearly not a major plus point at the moment).

I now look where the sun is, and park with the rear window towards it.

yep, thats the place mate :D

I'm in Monday mate for the same job, just the fronts - let us know how you get on :)

had my windows tinted B) , the guy did a great job totally faultless. your in safe hands :P

I always said he's a top bloke. A great find by a LOC member. B)

does that window tint stuff peel off or scratch,whats it like lads

I had mine done in the wintery months, so was told no use of windows or heated rear windows for two weeks until the film was settled down.

Two weeks :ohmy: Good job I'm away not long after she's done then :winky:

Two weeks  :ohmy: Good job I'm away not long after she's done then  :winky:

not the end of the world mate.

apparently the film has to 'set' or somesuch thing

Thats the time frame he gave me. But believe me the time goes quick and this time of year you don't want to open the windows anyway. :ph34r:

apparently the film has to 'set' or somesuch thing

Thats the time frame he gave me. But believe me the time goes quick and this time of year you don't want to open the windows anyway. :ph34r:

Suppose it stops me going thru the KFC drive through - got to be good for my diet ;)

Only about another 10 stone to go!!!

Who was it that found *********** then as he must have done loads of Lexus's / Lexii by now then? There's even a gay little pink Nova he did which drives round Ripley every night with all the logos on the car - as long as he doesn't make my IS200 look gay or pink I'll be a happy chappy :)

references to gold discounting company removed ;)

Edited by Matthew_McNally

Who was it that found Tintr then as he must have done loads of Lexus's / Lexii by now then?

I believe it was AndyHart21, and/or maybe Zee and Mat (supracharged).

He has done loads of Lexi's and I belelive everyone is happy with their new look windows.

Chaps,

Thanks for the replies, this place seems a top place to get it done, however Nottingham is like 150 miles from me! Does anyone know a decent place in the south that can do it? I am based in North Hampshire, so someone is this area would be ideal.

Thanks in advance. :zee:

Nick

Chaps,

Thanks for the replies, this place seems a top place to get it done, however Nottingham is like 150 miles from me! Does anyone know a decent place in the south that can do it? I am based in North Hampshire, so someone is this area would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.   :zee:

Nick

How far is Surrey from you Nick?

Here's a company in Gold which offers a great discount for members. B)

Click here for details on joining Gold.

I'm pretty certain you would save more than the cost of Gold membership if you have your Tints done from here. Well worth joining Gold.....for loads of other discounts too. :winky:

I am not too far from Surrey, I will give the guy a call and see what he says.

I am a gold member already, but I dont seem to be able to write messages on here with my gold account, just the one I used before I went Gold. I will have a look at why, when I get more time.... Would rather be out in my car :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links