Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cam Belt Slipped

V9FOS

HI CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME????? LAST NITE MY IS 200 JUST DIED WHILE DRIVING WITHOUT WARNING AND WHEN IT WAS RECOVERED BACK 2 LEXUS NOTTINGHAM TODAY I,VE BEEN TOLD THE BELT HAS SLIPPED FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON AND BENT SOME VALVES. THEY CANNOT EXPLAIN WHY BUT SAY IT WILL COST ME £632.00 +vat to strip it and find out why. THE CAR HAS DONE 95000 AND SERVICED AT EVERY INTERVAL.. THEY QUOTED APPROX £2000 FOR TOTAL REPAIR.. GUTTED AS I DON,T HAVE THAT SORT OF CASH TO HAND.. CAN ANYBODY HELP..

Bent some valves?

I thought the Toyota range were non interference engines,unless when it slipped you kept trying to start her?

Aren't the cam belts guaranteed for 100k?,if its been serviced at the correct intervals i would take up this point with them.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

Bent some valves?

I thought the Toyota range were non interference engines,unless when it slipped you kept trying to start her?

Aren't the cam belts guaranteed for 100k?,if its been serviced at the correct intervals i would take up this point with them.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

THANKS

I agree with Scorpion...If you've had the car serviced at the proper intervals you should be OK as the service life of the belt is 100k.

However if that fails I've got a 8000 mile engine thats yours for £1500

HI THAT SOUNDS OK.. WILL YOU FIT IT FOR THAT PRICE 2???

No !

But I know a man who can for a reasonable price.

You will need all your ancilleries......and to get it up there...............I've a courier who could deliver for you.

However............I hope Lexus see you right and the engine stays in my shed !

No !

But I know a man who can for a reasonable price.

You will need all your ancilleries......and to get it up there...............I've a courier who could deliver for you.

However............I hope Lexus see you right and the engine stays in my shed !

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.. I WILL PUT SOME PRESSURE ON LEXUS TOMORROW.. YOU HAVE AND EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE BEEN A GREAT HELP.. IF LEXUS FAIL ME THEN I WILL HAVE THAT ENGINE OFF YOU IF THATS OK????

THANKS SCOTT

has the belt actually bust or can it be blamed for the slippage

if the belt was not tensioned correctly it can hardly be to blame

lexus might guarantee the belt for 100,000 miles

but if it breaks , they only give you a new one

has the belt actually bust or can it be blamed for the slippage

if the belt was not tensioned correctly it can hardly be to blame

lexus might guarantee the belt for 100,000 miles

but if it breaks , they only give you a new one

THE BELT HAS NEVER BEEN CHANGED OR TAMPERED WITH AS LEXUS SAY IT WILL BE FINE TILL 100.00.THE CAR IS NOT AT THAT POINT AND THE CAR WAS ONLY SERVICED 5.000 MILES AGO. SO BY RIGHTS IT SHOULD NOT SLIP THROUGH BEING STRETCHED OR SNAP CAUSE OF 2 MANY MILES AS IT WAS SET BY LEXUS AT FACTORY.. SALE OF GOODS RIGHTS SAY IT,S COVERED UNDER WARRANTY

please dont post in caps

Hes having a rant so hes entitled to. :P

V9FOS,If your car was serviced at 90k then they surly they should of picked up on this.

Good luck.

WELL YOU WOULD THINK SO WOULDN,T YOU.. BUT THEY SAY THIS IS THE 1ST IS 200 IT HAS HAPPENED TO... TYPICAL Y SHOULD IT BE MINE.. I,VE ONLY HAD THE CAR 2 YEARS AND THE STEREO COST ME APPROX £400 TO BE REPAIRED AND THE IGNITION BARREL JAMMED AT THE COST OFF £342.00 AND IT IS SERVICED AT ALL THE SPECIFIED TIMES... WHEN WILL LEXUS ACCEPT SOME SORT OF LIABILITY???

what is all this do not use capitals :question: ,do's it realy matter :hehe: ,in fact makes it easier to read for me and my bussup eye sight. :D

I had a gearbox go on my T5 at 35,000 miles and it was out of warrenty by 2 years ,i kept on at volvo and in the end they paid half of the final bill (£3500).I would keep on at lexus especialy the garage that gave it its last service ,i would have thought that part of the 90,000 service must be to check cambelt condition etc.

If they recommend the change at 100k then surley they should be responsible if it breaks .I would pester the hell out of them until they help in some way and if its the first one they have heard off then surley that go's some way in proving the fact that they should last that long and yours is down to a fault with the belt ?as in my experiance if they say 100k they realy think it is gonna last a lot longer

I think the belt slipped on your 'CAPS LOCK' key too ...  :)

oh sorry im glad that,s all you have to worry about... your not really interested in helping people... you are just a .... well say no more

Please do not insult other members of LOC, this member was just reminding you that your CAPS LOCK was on, after a previous member of the "moderating" team had warned you once.

We are all here to help, but would just rather if you didn't type your complete thread in CAPS.

Regards,

I think the belt slipped on your 'CAPS LOCK' key too ...  :)

oh sorry im glad that,s all you have to worry about... your not really interested in helping people... you are just a .... well say no more

Please do not insult other members of LOC, this member was just reminding you that your CAPS LOCK was on, after a previous member of the "moderating" team had warned you once.

We are all here to help, but would just rather if you didn't type your complete thread in CAPS.

Regards,

So lets have this right he was warned not to type in capitals :crying: .a bit ott dont you think,the blokes just been given a bill for £2000 im sure thats the least of his worries

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links