Okay my IS200 is on 59K so I've done a ring round for prices on a 60k service:

Sheffield - £499.20

Wolverhampton - £304.35 plus £158.94 for spark plugs

Birmingham - £611

Coventry - £536.99

Leicester - £665

Stoke - £429.93

Nott'm - £480

Looks like Stoke will be getting my custom, really nice lady on the phone very pleasant and helpful. Anyone else got any experiences of stoke?

Nottingham's service staff were quite rude and abrupt, so my estimations of them are going down hill even further! Especially after the problems with the bodyshop...

Anyway hope this is of some use...

Edited by ifraz

Okay my IS200 is on 59K so I've done a ring round for prices on a 60k service:

Sheffield - £499.20

Wolverhampton - £304.35 plus £158.94 for spark plugs

Birmingham - £611

Coventry - £536.99

Leicester - £665

Stoke - £429.93

Nott'm - £480

Looks like Stoke will be getting my custom, really nice lady on the phone very pleasant and helpful. Anyone else got any experiences of stoke?

Nottingham's service staff were quite rude and abrupt, so my estimations of them are going down hill even further! Especially after the problems with the bodyshop...

Anyway hope this is of some use...

Nottingham...

Edited by ifraz

Nottingham...

I thought so, but the women I spoke to was really quite rude and put the phone down before I'd finished. It wasn't Beth or the other normal lass. I'm getting really despondent with them!

Edited by ifraz

Nottingham...

I thought so, but the women I spoke to was really quite rude and put the phone down before I'd finished. It wasn't Beth or the other normal lass. I'm getting really despondent with them!

I'm surprised - Faye and the new lady Linda have been really helpful to me over all this trouble I've been having with the body shop.

Edited by ifraz

Nottingham...

I'm surprised - Faye and the new lady Linda have been really helpful to me over all this trouble I've been having with the body shop.

Yeah their bodyshop staff have no concept of customer service and lie through their teeth, I have really lost faith in the Nott'm dealership fullstop!

Edited by ifraz

Well it is booked in at Stoke for a week today, £365.47 (I've saved about £65 if that's not an advert for going Gold what is?).

I'll let you know how I get on, but so far they have been really good, calling back when messages left etc...

Edited by ifraz

Well it is booked in at Stoke for a week today, £365.47 (I've saved about £65 if that's not an advert for going Gold what is?).

I'll let you know how I get on, but so far they have been really good, calling back when messages left etc...

Mine goes to Stoke & a great job they did too lady behind the desk is very helpful

small dark haired about 40

even gave me a box of Gorden Ramsey's Chocolate selection when they finished with my car

would recommend Lexus Stoke ... :D

]

Edited by ifraz

Check this....

I paid £270 for my 60K service....that included parts and labour at a Lexus dealership. No discounts of any sort.

You're probably sat at your PC saying "£270!- that's :tsktsk: cheap!!!".

I know, coz I got my mate to do the 60K service- he is a Lexus technican/mechanic- I know that he has used genuine parts coz he carried out the work in front of me.

I'm not gonna name the Lexus dealership that my mate works for, all I'm gonna say that he works for one of the dealerships in the north.

Got my 70K service coming up soon, gonna cost me about £100ish.

So, my advice to you is pop round the back of your local Lexus dealer and become friendly with one of the mechanics- you never know, he might be able to do you a cheap service....

did you try lexus hanley? theres a lexus stoke and a hanley service centre. mr shipley does some top deals :)

Aha, I didn't notice that there was another Lexus Servicing place in the area, I'll perhaps give them a ring tomorrow and kick myself when they come in cheaper than Lexus Stoke :blink:

Kam05 > Yeah know what you mean, its always who you know, unfortunately I only know people in the Mini business when it comes to cars. (Traditional Mini not BMW naff!)

Lexus Hanley - £429.93

The same as Stoke, phew!  :D

ah but dont forget theres still another 15% to come off parts so it ill be less than £429.93 from us

£429.93 is the standard low rate we do, gold members also get an extra 15% off parts

Edited by ifraz

Details of dealers offering Gold discounts should only be discussed in the Gold Forums. ;)

Phew...it took me ages to edit all these posts.... :blink:

Apologies, didn't spot that in the T&C at: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...8&st=0#entry259

Chris.S> Stoke offer the discount off the whole cost. :shutit:

Yeah ok

I'm not getting involved in price wars, just trying to help

I appreciate the help, you are the two best priced dealerships/service centres in the Midlands area (by quite a mark!). Also as I've learnt in the past when dealing with Lexus Nott'm what is said on the phone to get your custom is not always exactly what happens.

I'll certainly let you all know what level of service I receive on Monday and will do the same pricing exercise for 70k (without the discount element! :P )

... and thanks for the pointers in the PM, I'll certainly be checking that all the service elements are addressed!

Well, I've returned from picking my car up from Lexus Stoke where it was in for its 60K service. Their service was absolutely faultless, actually I couldn't complain about a thing.

I arrived, all the documents were ready and completed just awaiting my signature. After my driving documents were photocopied I got shown to my courtesy car, a nice '05' plate Red SE. (I had an interesting journey home as the Sat Nav wanted me to follow the A52, not the A50 which is a quicker route, I wonder how the Nav engine works?)

Anyhow, I got a call at 4.30 saying my car was ready and I could pick it up when ever was convenient. On arrival the lady at the service reception was on the phone but another member of staff came over and asked if they could help. They then went through the service in details and I received my LOC discount. My car was ready and valeted out the front and had a box of tasty chocolates on the passenger seat.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lexus Stoke, their dealership is smaller than Nottingham, but the huge price differential for servicing and the exemplary customer service is a huge bonus.

Ironically (not in spoons/knife way) Lexus Nottingham called on the way home to remind me my 60k service was due soon. I proceeded to tell them why I wouldn't be using them again and how they could improve their customer service.

I wonder what the 70k service will bring... :driving:

How much did you end up paying - I take it Lexus Stoke is not Lexus Hanley (Chris.S garage) ?

I paid £365 at Lexus Stoke, I already had it booked in before I found out about Hanley. After speaking with Chris the only difference in servicing was they would have replaced my break fluid where as Stoke didn't as the car was only 3 years old and Lexus state a replacement every two years. Perhaps I'll try Hanley next time (they certainly seem to known their stuff), one thing is for certain, I'm not going back to Nottingham!

Interesting. I posted something up earlier this morning about this. I find it amazing that the prices can be so different ?!

I'll ring the local places first for a quote, Croydon and Bromley. Then I'll make a decision as to which one to go to.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links