Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Malfuntion Indicator Lamp

As most of you are are I installed the K & N Tyhpoon yesterday ...........

Well, I was driving along this morning .......... on cruise control @ 70mph ..............

After covering a total of 40 miles with the filter on .........

My Engine Management Light / Malfuntion Indicator Lamp

Has come on ? ............. any ideas !!!! :crybaby:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, nice one pete !!!!!!!!!

According to the book it says it could be either

1) empty fuel tank

2) or a problem somewhere in the engine electrical system, automatic transmission systemor electronic throttle system.

What I really need to know, is does anyone think it could have happend because of the air filter??

Surely if it was down to the air filter it would of come on b4 40 miles so its probably not related.

Yes, do you know if the dealer will pull a fast one and say that the warranty is now not valid because of the filter? or does it not matter .......... ?

They probably would if you told them :ph34r:

Say its been on the day after you bought it :winky:

Hmm .... does anyone know "for sure" if the fitting of an after market filter invalidates the warranty though ?

Why not just put the old filter on, see if the problem still exists and then go tot eh dealer witht eh old filter on.

When it's fixed, put the new one back on... if it occurs again, it is either teh filter causing it.. or more likley you have caused it because you might have inadvertantly caught a wire somewhere along the line and caused the fault to show up ?

How could it?

I've had after market filter for nearly 2yrs now.....no probs so far.

but the is200 nas a MAP sensor the is300 has a MAF sensor.

there are many posts on .net about lights on after fitting aftermarket filters

but the is200 nas a MAP sensor the is300 has a MAF sensor.

there are  many posts on .net about lights on after fitting aftermarket filters

Rob,

Is there anything you can remember off hand that will solve my problem ?

Hmm ..... looks good Rob ! cheers.

I have just reset the ECU .......... and took it out for another drive.

Donr 8 miles so far ......... nothing on ............ if the lights comes back on ... I'll try cleaning the maf sensor !!! :unsure:

On second thoughts ......... I have removed my MAF sensor ..... and it was really dirty !!! with oil ........... I have cleaned it now ..........

There is no disturbance with any other hoses ...... or electrical connectors I can see !

Hopefully this was the cause ........ the sensor being dirty ......... thanks for that link Rob ! :)

This is what I really like about LOC - the help offered to other members is top notch! :D :D

I was about to take the MAF my own K&N and have a look there, but hopefully you're all sorted out and I won't have to now.

On second thoughts ......... I have removed my MAF sensor ..... and it was really dirty !!! with oil ........... I have cleaned it now ..........

There is no disturbance with any other hoses ...... or electrical connectors I can see !

Hopefully this was the cause ........ the sensor being dirty ......... thanks for that link Rob !  :)

no probs mate

K&N filters come pre-oiled when new and are oiled correctly so there is not excess. It's only when they are oiled incorrectly that the MAF sensor gets covered in oil.

If the oil on your MAF has come from the filter then it will probably happen again unless the filter is cleaned and oiled correctly.

Hope you get the problem sorted Scarface!

Does anybody know if this kit will fit an IS200 as well and has anybody any instructions on fitting it as I'm going to get one for the bhp gain it gives!

I've tried a search but it brings up everything and can't find anything specific!

Cheers!

Hope you get the problem sorted Scarface!

Does anybody know if this kit will fit an IS200 as well and has anybody any instructions on fitting it as I'm going to get one for the bhp gain it gives!

I've tried a search but it brings up everything and can't find anything specific!

Cheers!

No, the K&N Typhoon does not fit the IS200. They do make a replacement "drop-in" filter though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links