Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kit Installed At Last

Noel

Finally got round to taking an "After installation" picture :blush:

normaldippedmv8.jpghidsdippedqp4.jpg

it's a major difference in all fairness and thankfully they don't seem to be blinding oncoming drivers as i haven't received a single "flash" yet :whistling:

got my 6000K Hid kit from HIDsdirect on eBay, nicely made kit and good value :winky:

also bought 4750K MTEC main beam bulbs and they seem actually blue-er than the HIDs.... actually don't see much of a difference using full beam since, only to let others know that i have dipped :lol:

Finally got round to taking an "After installation" picture :blush:

normaldippedmv8.jpghidsdippedqp4.jpg

it's a major difference in all fairness and thankfully they don't seem to be blinding oncoming drivers as i haven't received a single "flash" yet :whistling:

got my 6000K Hid kit from HIDsdirect on ebay, nicely made kit and good value :winky:

also bought 4750K MTEC main beam bulbs and they seem actually blue-er than the HIDs.... actually don't see much of a difference using full beam since, only to let others know that i have dipped :lol:

Looks quite an improvement on the OEM. Which kit was it you bought ?

this is the kit i got HID KIT, comes with a free Battery wire harness :) bit more wiring than standard but the kit works every time, none of that one side failing to start that i read about ...

this is the kit i got HID KIT, comes with a free Battery wire harness :) bit more wiring than standard but the kit works every time, none of that one side failing to start that i read about ...

SO Noel do u have a link to the full beam bulbs you got? ive been looking for ages for some non yellow bulbs!!

here you go Dan :)

9005 blue

i can take a picture of them on tomorrow if you want, but my HIDs are 6000K and these bulbs look blue-er so would be perfect for your 8000k

Can you take a pic for me please then Noel, i don't want to waste any money on bulbs (philip bluevision my arse!) that still turn out to be yellow. Fogs take the same type of bulbs too if i remember correctly?

here you go Dan :)

9005 blue

i can take a picture of them on tomorrow if you want, but my HIDs are 6000K and these bulbs look blue-er so would be perfect for your 8000k

Can you take a pic for me please then Noel, i don't want to waste any money on bulbs (philip bluevision my arse!) that still turn out to be yellow. Fogs take the same type of bulbs too if i remember correctly?

no fogs are the same as the low beams (hids).... not the high beams

Dan you have a PM :winky:

just out of intrest will these fit my is200? there half the price of the ones in the link u posted.

also could u use the hid kit in the fog lights too?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-XENON-CONVERSION...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've been caught in the past buying the cheapest so now i tend to try and find a happy medium ...

Link i posted the KIT is probably made in china but the wiring is top notch and the box and branding are all custom branded.... he's obviously sell loads not ones and two's

regards fitting them to the fogs ,can't see why not as you wouldn't be switching them on and off the whole time...

remember to get HB4 for the fogs ;)

HID's are the number one mod as far as I'm concerned. They siginificantly improve you vision and look excellent. Main beams are kinda useless for HID's though. I'd like them for my fogs too, but as I only ever use foglights when it's foggy (unconventional these days I know!!!) it would seem expensive and therefore I can't see the benefit.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

mmmm .... never noticed this before but during daytime driving with no lights on, if i flash the lights at someone to let them out the dims and full be come on together.... i always thought that only the full beams came on when you flashed?

Is this the same on everyones?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links