Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally! Making some progress.

Thanks Steve. :thumbs_up:

Was a lot harder to get everything to fit properly than I had planned for. You wouldn't think it looking at the photos, but that's why I got Rob Mitchell to help me. :wink3:

Guy is a genius at things like this. Couldn't do it without his help. :cool:

Hi Guys,

Been a busy but productive day for the F.

Gauges are all wired up, just need to fit the sensors, and they're good to go. :yahoo:

Passenger seat is also finished and in the car. :thumbup1:

761C6A31-07F0-489D-8599-B036DE0A3B36_zps

E6A04785-B219-441D-B1A8-CDEB39ABFC69_zps

9235DF29-60F5-4F81-A8A1-5E4CBBED2888_zps

5D6C8354-3F37-4341-995D-DBCD8A06DB63_zps

006EE08D-C82B-4AFB-B75D-9A7299C9A19F_zps

Just need the bolt to fit my seatbelt on the drivers seat, and that can go in as well.

Good news is there are now no dash lights at all! No airbag, no PCS.... :yahoo:

Hope you like them. :thumbs_up:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

They look fantastic! Is this car in danger of becoming a garage queen? 

No chance! :wink:

Seats and gauges are fitted for a purpose. Hoping with the X pipe installed, I can start doing some trackdays. :cool:

You'd be surprised how much lighter the new seats are. At least half the weight I reckon. :smile:

Just need to get the magazine feature out the way. Then I'll be putting all this hard work to good use. :driving::yahoo:

• Like 1

Gonna say, the seats look awesome. You are doing a hell of a lot of work and sharing which is something i think we are all grateful for. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Cheers guys. :thumbsup:

Had some issues with the drivers seat sadly. :wallbash:

The seat frame doesn't fit properly. Had two bolts in, but the other two were way out!

When I tried fitting just the frame, I can make three out of four work, but the last one isn't close. :mummy:

I've emailed GSM who I bought everything from to see what they can do. Might be a one-off, or possibly the IS350 AWD, as opposed to the normal RWD version I need, guess we'll see!

Shame, as I was hoping to be done apart from the sensors for my gauges, but this has set me back big time! :wallbash:

Cool build thread Peter! Looked your seats up, v nice. Love the carbon backs, will go lovey with the new carbon trim in the car. Looking forward to seeing the results with the H&S cross pipe. I've got used to the H&S on the new blue car, but still quite embarrassing in certain situations. Also don't feel the car just quite as keen at the top end unlike my white car with the Borla system, which did run a cross pipe.  

Keep up the good work :)

stevie

• Like 1

So both seats are now in the car. :yahoo:

It's only temporary though. Turns out I need the IS250/350 manual bracket to solve the one out of alignment leg drama! :wallbash:

It's bolted down tight with three out of four bolts though, so should be fine till the new bracket arrives. :thumbup1:

Excuse the poor quality photo. Was after midnight when I finished, and car was in the garage which doesn't have great lighting! :wink3:

Will do some better photos soon though.

E01191F2-A8A9-4875-BCEE-7660E47B3D50_zps

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

So both seats are now in the car. :yahoo:

It's only temporary though. Turns out I need the IS250/350 manual bracket to solve the one out of alignment leg drama! :wallbash:

It's bolted down tight with three out of four bolts though, so should be fine till the new bracket arrives. :thumbup1:

Excuse the poor quality photo. Was after midnight when I finished, and car was in the garage which doesn't have great lighting! :wink3:

Will do some better photos soon though.

E01191F2-A8A9-4875-BCEE-7660E47B3D50_zps

Looks great - annoying when these niggles happen, but sounds as though you have enough intel to know what to do so it can be rectified :wink3:

Thanks James. :smile:

It was only after I sent some photos and measurements to the manufacturer in the States, that they told me the manual version of their bracket would fit. :oops:Guess you live and learn though. Not like I had any sort of reference or guide to go off! :wink3:

Still, once I pay for another bracket, and it arrives from the States, all will be sorted. :cool:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links