Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard new tyres rubbing?

When you have time at the weekend, I suspect the plastic liner will just need to be pushed back into position and secured with bolts and plastic push fit clips.

The picture isn't very clear but look at the hole where the top arrow is and note the lower arrow that points to what I think is the blurred image of the retaining clip for the missing 10mm screw-bolt at the wing arch edge. This is one of the positions the liner should be fixed to. Good luck, I hope that's all it is and there are no suspension issues.

IMG_3890_ISF.JPG.706f650d290a055e3bc323f577207198.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Took the wheel arch off, it look like it had suffered some trauma in the past, put it back together and used a heat gun to push it back, all ok now. 😀

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I've just fitted 255mm tyres on my front 8.5 inch wheels and they foul the arch liner when reversing on left lock. Looks like the liner will have to come out or at least trimmed 🤔

@Rusty Crobar So no going back:biggrin:....it's time for the wide arch kit and aggressive offset. 255 sounds a little 'wild' for the front, they must be low profile.

Presumably the usual wheel and tyre fitment checks have been done. I find this one the most help and saves me having to remember 3.14159... and adding 2x the tyre height as a percentage of the width for the full diameter for the rolling circumference and we haven't even got to the offset yet.... www.willtheyfit.com/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neil E said:

@Rusty Crobar So no going back:biggrin:....it's time for the wide arch kit and aggressive offset. 255 sounds a little 'wild' for the front, they must be low profile.

Presumably the usual wheel and tyre fitment checks have been done. I find this one the most help and saves me having to remember 3.14159... and adding 2x the tyre height as a percentage of the width for the full diameter for the rolling circumference and we haven't even got to the offset yet.... www.willtheyfit.com/

Yes, plenty of head scratching before changing. 255/35 is a good match for the standard tyre overall but my wider wheels are causing the issue. Maybe I'll try something a bit smaller next time 🤔

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Yes, plenty of head scratching before changing. 255/35 is a good match for the standard tyre overall but my wider wheels are causing the issue. Maybe I'll try something a bit smaller next time 🤔

@Rusty Crobar good on you for pushing the boundaries. If there's room at the outer edge, it's just a fine adjustment to the offset that's required but I suspect 255 will tram-line a little especially on the inside lane. So totally irrelevant, not sure why I mentioned it, we know you only ever briefly cross that lane when joining and leaving the motorway.:biggrin:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Neil E said:

@Rusty Crobar good on you for pushing the boundaries. If there's room at the outer edge, it's just a fine adjustment to the offset that's required but I suspect 255 will tram-line a little especially on the inside lane. So totally irrelevant, not sure why I mentioned it, we know you only ever briefly cross that lane when joining and leaving the motorway.:biggrin:

What is the inside lane? Is that where people without 5.0 V8s hang out? 😁

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar Yeah how right you are Russ just as you slide past @Flytvr in his new soft- cosy -comfy -quiet milk float 🤗

🐀

I am a wafter and don't enjoy driving fast. I like saving trees and small fluffy animals at the same time.

I'll leave speed to you @Big Rat, @Rusty Crobar and @Mark G :winkiss:

• Like 2

Just now, Flytvr said:

I am a wafter and don't enjoy driving fast. I like saving trees and small fluffy animals at the same time.

I'll leave speed to you @Big Rat, @Rusty Crobar and @Mark G :winkiss:

@Flytvr 🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥

🐀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links