Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your shortshifter makes the same noise as my B&M one.

The video was recorded when the engine was turned of mate. During travelling i do not hear any noise at all. Nothing! If you can notice the noise is the same with OEM too. You can hear in both options the same noise when the engine is turned off.

Ok this will be my latest mod :D Today i purchased black door armrests. I have beige saloon which as some of you might now it is very easy to turn into black or other colour :angry: and because i always want my car to be clean i had to keep the interior very clean by cleaning it continously. So I decided to get the black door armrests which i believe look smart, different from OEM and also they do not show any black spots

This is a pic i found on the web

nl9atz.jpg

I will post pics when i have fitted them on the car

• 2 weeks later...

One more part to add in the list. This time it is an exterior part and more specifically a TTE front bumper. I was looking for a while to purchase a TRD/Legana bumper but all of them were made out of fiber glass and I was not sure how good the installation would be. Furthermore the cheapest TRD bumper that I managed to find cost 360euro including shipping charges. So I decided to go for a TTE bumper which cost cheaper and I like a lot the looks once fitted on the car. More details and pics when it receives home.

That was a great read, wonder that I did not pick up on this thread before.

Lovely work and a great looking and sounding car you got there.

That was a great read, wonder that I did not pick up on this thread before.

Lovely work and a great looking and sounding car you got there.

Thank you very much for your comments. I love a lot my car and I am trying to make as good as it can get. :hehe:

Today i visited my mechanics workshop to install the oil cooler kit. Initially we deicided to mount the oil plate and find a good route for the oil hoses. Well our first impression was that with the TTE supercharger kit there is not much space left in the engine bay and the installation of the oil cooler kit would be not easy.

18ne5f.jpg

Trying to find the best suitable route for the oil lines:

5plnaw.jpg

2h355w5.jpg

5zqlwh.jpg

Oil Cooler Plate:

viiqu0.jpg

rtgwf5.jpg

Once we found the best route and installed the oil plate it was time to fit oil cooler.

Note: It was required to deform the oil deep stick of the engine in order the oil lines could attach the oil plate.

300sejd.jpg

mb74vr.jpg

for the correct installation of the oil cooler we had to consider also the position and fittings of the air diversion plate.

2qc2qlz.jpg

2dwgpad.jpg

qxqhad.jpg

icjuyt.jpg

303blw4.jpg

After the installation of the air cooler kit we just figured out that it was not the correct position because the grille could not be fitted correctly. The cooler had to be repositioned and the fittings had to be changed.

hsot4z.jpg

da1hd.jpg

24fbry0.jpg

After 4,5 hours job was done ;)

156qwwh.jpg

zuny46.jpg

23j1t7c.jpg

Today some more parts arrived. As you may know i had ordered from USA black arm rests for all my door panels. Well here is how they look. I am not sure if the wood kit matches with black arm rests. What do you think? My other option is to use the normal switch door switches. I might even cover them with 3M carbon fiber film.

5lz0pi.jpg

ouci1i.jpg

First Option:

vq4ho3.jpg

Second Option:

1448leo.jpg

Today I also received the TTE replica bumper (Fiber glass bumper). As you may see from the pics the bumper does not look bad. I even tried to match it on my car and it seems to fit well. ie it is not bigger than the OEM bumper like the Legana Asi purchased a couple of weeks ago. The only cons is that the bumper came with the now holes and clips in order to attach the bumper on the car. Also there are no holes for the fog lights. So this means more work for the paint shop. Furthermore there is a small crack at the bottom side of the bumper (probably happened during transportation) due to not good packaging. There were no bubble wraps or other means of protection in the carton box. Anyway there is not much i can do know. The shop is quite a few thousans miles away from home. So i have arranged on Monday to take the car at Toyota (where my mate works) and have it fitted and painted of course. I will also paing the bonnet since there a few chips from the stones on the road.

mtv14.jpg

2eykuxf.jpg

a14cxy.jpg

Looks great mate.. Where did you get the bumper, and how much did it set you back?

I got it from eBay from this shop:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS-200-Sport-Front-Bumper_W0QQitemZ120555278020QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c11a78ec4

It cost me 180 euro including shipping charges plus 350 euro for the body work (i also repainted my bonnet due to chips from the stones on the road)

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday evening I bought another small part :naughty: . A TTE style (or M3 sytle :g: ) trunk spoiler. I have read at many forums that most owners are satisfied from the quality of this spoiler. Here are some pics that i found on the web of how it looks on the car.

6jegba.jpg

27xi4xk.jpg

vytgdy.jpg

2ur2mth.jpg

2h8a4o8.jpg

PS.: The Cusco bars have not arrived yet. I hope they will have arrived until the end of this week.

dimis your car is looking great mate - was wondeerin if you were ok over there with all the stuff goinn on - you obviously are alive and modding !! btw would you have any idea what wheels they are on that agp reg car in the pics you posted regarding tte spoiler

Just been catching up Dimi, nice tidy job on the oil cooler, swapping the switch's with your dad was a great idea, Bumpre looks the buisness, great work, U fitted the dials yet???

Hi Dimitris

i have one question for you

What boost du you have when you put your foot down in 1 and 2 gear ?

on mine it is around 0.22 in 1 and 2 gear and 3 4 5 6 it peaks at 0.3 when going full throttle that is

is this about right ?

Hi Dimitris

i have one question for you

What boost du you have when you put your foot down in 1 and 2 gear ?

on mine it is around 0.22 in 1 and 2 gear and 3 4 5 6 it peaks at 0.3 when going full throttle that is

is this about right ?

Well mate, I run 0,34bar and at full boost near the rev limit i reach 0,38bar.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links