Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

I am now the proud owner of a 2009 IS220d SE Nav in Sable!

Unfortunately she only came with 1 key. Lexus quoted me £400 for a key and coding, is this right or is there a cheaper option?

Any help appreciated, Cheers

Mitch

Congrats 400???? It should cost u around 300 @ it's only lexus dealers I'm afraid as its a smart key don't buy from eBay u can't program them which dealer did u go I got mine from Woodford make sure u take log book @ id @ I know it's a rip off but that's lexus pleasure driving

Just recently replaced one of my keys,,, the key itself cost £275 and it was about another £50 to programme it.

I would not take a chance myself on any other option than the main dealer for this.

Don't forget to take your V5 document with you plus photo ID (driving licence) when ordering

My 250 only came with one and I'm afraid after much research and discussions with guys doing locks and keys in the auto trade....Lexus main dealer is the only big bucks option.

They will also cancel any other keys ever registered against the vehicle....cold comfort but at least you will know that you have the only ones for your car.

V66.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Hi, I just had a new key cut for my SC430 and the guy sat in the driver's seat, put the key in and out of the ignition a couple of times, opened and closed the door and job done.

Cost me £120 at a small key cutting shop, the key looks o.k. even got the gold lexus logo.

Ask around before you spend big bucks.

Steve

Not sure..but this may be vehicle age dependent.

I had a similar experience with my wife's 2002 MX-5. I discovered a pretty weird sequence of opening doors and pressing buttons.......blow me down! at the end of it all....the doors locked and unlocked during a little sequence and the key worked, and has worked ever since!! I made a copy of the sequence and kept it with the logbook.

It may be that cars of this era had transponders in the key itself that gets a signal from the steering column. Also did the same trick on my son's 2001 Astra Bertone.

I've not heard of anyone being able to do this with IS MkII thus far....live in hope though!!

MitchR, by my reckoning your 2009 220 is keyless...so to make sure we are all talking apples and apples...please just confirm that it's the complete transponder and key blade unit you are enquiring about.

If so here's my invoice....

L89904-30311 transmitter £195.91

L69515-30290-84 cut, key £30.72

Lab. £25.00

VAT. £50.33

Total. £301.96

Hope helps

V66

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies! Sorry about the delay we've been away for a few days

V66, yes it is keyless and it is the complete transponder and removable key unit

many thanks

Mitch

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links