Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Bodmeister said:

Did they give an indication on the value of your RX as p/x?

Nope but apparently they had on their system that I am interested in an RX450H F-Sport so they gave me a call saying they had it on for £54k if I was interested. I took a look at the Lexus used website and they've put it up on there too.

They'd probably give me £22-24k for mine I reckon but Im not sure whether I like the black.

14 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

Dealer/manufacturer contributions aren't too far away imo. There is no real usp with  this RX ( low co2, high mpg etc) so it's inevitable.

I agree. I have test driven the RX450h F-Sport and yes its much improved from my current one. The interior quality is faultless IMO and the engine/motor combination feels more punchy (probably down to the new CVT and marginal increase in power). Doing slightly better MPG in it too about 2-3mpg more and can easily get 30mpg in daily driving and 36mpg on the motorway.

Firmness of the ride feels the same as mine but it does handle a lot better. The only issue Im having is the size. The RX feels big for me currently especially down narrow roads when going on home visits. I'll need to test one over a few days (ill get my hands on it in June when my RX goes in for the service) to see if the length is going to be problematic

Saw two new RX450h this weekend. A mesa red one and a dark blue one.

Both were coming towards me and it striked me how similar to the NX and the RX look at first glance and from the front. I had to look in my review mirror to double check that they were indeed RXs.

Saw one on the road in that brown colour. I know it's a personal thing but just can't see why Lexus would think that's a nice colour to have. Not convinced by the wheel designs either..

Lincoln have their RX Premier up at £60440. Can't understand these wild differences in price between various dealerships. As far as I can see the specs aren't that different from each other. Are they chancing it? 

Just now, Bodmeister said:

Lincoln have their RX Premier up at £60440. Can't understand these wild differences in price between various dealerships. As far as I can see the specs aren't that different from each other. Are they chancing it? 

Id assume they are chancing it mate. Or giving heavy discounts if someone walks in and says Ill give you "xxx" for the car.

So from what I can see, the Wolverhampton one has a £4k discount, the bolton F-Sport is £3k and the Belfast F-Sport is about £4k too. It may be because March is nearly here!

This is why I can't understand Leeds attitude towards a discount/higher part ex. All I've been getting is it's in high demand and if you get a deal somewhere else ring us to see if we can match it! Well clearly it isn't and I've got better things to do. I've ordered through Stoke as they were quite open from the start and very little BS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

This is why I can't understand Leeds attitude towards a discount/higher part ex. All I've been getting is it's in high demand and if you get a deal somewhere else ring us to see if we can match it! Well clearly it isn't and I've got better things to do. I've ordered through Stoke as they were quite open from the start and very little BS.

Brand new Broadspeed gives £1.2k off a Premier but I dont know what other dealers are giving as I haven't really bothered asking.

Im looking at ex demo's and I think Ill change over in November time when they hit £45-50k or so. Sidcup have got an F-Sport with £4k off as well.

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Bodmeister said:

Lexus Reading have a new gen RX premier for £51950. Big saving on new. 

Yep, looked at that one, seems a nice colour combo too - black with ivory leather.

Have to say Rayaans the white F sport look damn smart under the sunshine

On the Lexus used website there is a section" negotiate on this car". I am absolutely rubbish at haggling for cars and I find it soul destroying!  How do you guys manage to get a discount with a decent p/x. 

My last two cars were business leases so I really wasn't too bothered but this is going to be bought personally so I want a decent saving.

5 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

Have to say Rayaans the white F sport look damn smart under the sunshine

On the Lexus used website there is a section" negotiate on this car". I am absolutely rubbish at haggling for cars and I find it soul destroying!  How do you guys manage to get a discount with a decent p/x. 

My last two cars were business leases so I really wasn't too bothered but this is going to be bought personally so I want a decent saving.

Hey mate, I was browsing facebook as you do and it appears Lexus Birmingham have a blue/noble brown (not completely sure as I cant see the interior that well)  Premier in their showroom - might be worth a look? List was £62k so id assume its got the ICE too.

The prices don't really matter, its just the cost to change you want to keep an eye on. I usually just tell them straight up that I have a car to P/X and I want a fair value for it and I also want a discount off the car they are selling. They either play ball or don't and you can quickly find out the guys who are willing to go for a sale. I talked to 4 different dealers in 2012. I ended up getting a 10% discount + fair part exchange and some freebies such as the rear rubber mat and plastic protection plate but I think its because it was a facelift and not an all new model.

I talked to Stockport, Manchester, Bradford and Leeds. Bradford were owned by WMG at the time and they were talking about £4700 for my RX300 and £3k off the RX450h. Manchester and Leeds gave better deals but Stockport eventually gave £5k + £5250 for my RX 3 months after I had talked to Bradford!

Ive got way too much going on at the moment, too much debt due to new health centre build :O. Might have to delay purchasing :( On the bright side, my RX is still alive and going strong and just passed the 36k mark and managing 35mpg on the motorway! :D On the bright side, there may be better discounts about at that point!

• Like 1

^ Many thanks for the above. I have to confirm my build date with Stoke at the end of May, so if I can get a demo with a saving I'll be happy.

Do dealerships allow you to spec/order a model then buy it as a demo or is that a big no no?

1 hour ago, Bodmeister said:

^ Many thanks for the above. I have to confirm my build date with Stoke at the end of May, so if I can get a demo with a saving I'll be happy.

Do dealerships allow you to spec/order a model then buy it as a demo or is that a big no no?

I don't think so, they usually just have their own demos in the colour combos and spec they think will sell quickest when they want to get rid.

I had another look. It's defo blue/noble brown but just realise it's a luxury with pan roof and ICE as its £52k not £62k! :/

And it's sitting in the Lexus Leeds showroom, not Birmingham. The Vantage fb site is just confusing lol

I really want a Premier so might have to cancel the order and wait👎 a few more months. 

Leeds are just being plain weird. They've told me if I get a cheaper deal they will match it. But what's the point of that when I would order through that dealership that gave me a good deal and just use Leeds for servicing and warranty work. This is what drives me nuts about car dealerships.

2 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

I really want a Premier so might have to cancel the order and wait👎 a few more months. 

Leeds are just being plain weird. They've told me if I get a cheaper deal they will match it. But what's the point of that when I would order through that dealership that gave me a good deal and just use Leeds for servicing and warranty work. This is what drives me nuts about car dealerships.

Just say exactly that to them - Whats the point? Say you'll do get it from them if they beat the quote from elsewhere.

Definitely shop around,as with most things these days.

I bought a new motorhome a couple of years back, part exing a campervan.

The difference between the worst deal and the dealer I bought from, for an identical van, was just over £12,000.

I told everybody I spoke to that I was shopping round, and would be accepting the best deal on price only.

I closed the deal by visiting the lowest bidder, offering about a grand less than he was asking, and offered him a cheque there and then if he accepted.

All old tricks, but they still work most of the time.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2016 at 8:53 AM, Bodmeister said:

£3k off a Premier at Broadspeed now. Id assume that'll only go up to like £5-6k after September.

• Like 1

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/comparison/2016/more-than-enough-lexus-rx-vs-volvo-xc90-vs-audi-q7-car-april-2016/

RX Premier goes against the XC90 T8 R-design and Q7 3.0TDI S-line. The idea being that its hybrid vs plug in hybrid vs diesel.

Very thoughtful review IMO and bangs the nail on the head in terms of the RX. Shows the flaws of the Q7 and XC90 that other magazines "conveniently" leave out too.

Its a free article so just register, no need to subscribe to read it - its quite long though (but very detailed)

1 hour ago, 7 Fan said:

Placed my order week ago.450H Premier,Pan roof/Sonit T/Cream.The dealer gave me 5.4k off plus a baby seat.:yahoo:

Which dealership? That's a big chunk of money saved.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links