Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member With Questions

A good evening to all. I have been visiting now for over a year gathering information regarding the RX 400H, for which my thanks for all your views which were a great help in both the initial buying decision and in sorting the wheat from the chaff. Having "surfed" hundreds and crawled all over dozens, armed with this collective knowledge I took the plunge earlier this month and am now the proud owner of a (57) SE on 84K with an immaculate dealer service history. 600 miles later and still trying to fathom out all of the options it presents, I am very impressed even as a 20 year Volvo veteran, (V70 & S60.)

I have in the past relied on a Haynes manual for each of my cars. I am aware that no such manual exists for this model but is the Harrier/300 manual applicable to the purely mechanical aspects of the car ? If not and short of buying the US workshop set for several hundred pounds, what resource is available to us mere mortals ?

Does any member know whether the fuel tank is vented and if so by what mechanism ? I would think it must be but nothing is obvious. Reason for asking is I have noticed when first unscrewing the filler cap at fuel stops either an inrush or release of pressure !

Any comments welcome and looking forward to future exchanges.

I've read somewhere that the fuel system is fully sealed and that the vapours are fed back to the tank to condense so building up a pressure in it. Yes mine does it too.

Yes it is normal, mine does it too!

In fact if you leave the fuel cap off or not tightened enough, you'll often get the VSC light come on on the dashboard....!

Welcome Ian

For manuals you can sign up to alldatadiy.com which will give you US LHD specific info but 90% of the info relates to a UK RHD vehicle. Subscriptions are yearly, with discounts for longer periods.

Alternatively you can obtain access to the official repair manuals from Lexus, and you access these on a subscription basis too, 1 hour is the minimum time period, so you can just pay as and when you need to obtain some information.

http://www.lexus-tech.eu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links