Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are Ct Seats Real Leather?

kwai168

It's in a position where a spill wouldn't have any impact. Think I've been unlucky.

I'm hoping they will change it under extended warranty.

You wont have any trouble - they'd probably do it even out of warranty if you complain enough.

lexus are as tight as a duck ar** i hadn't had my ct that long and i found the lacquer had started to peel off 1 wheel ,i took it back to lexus liverpool

i showed them the peeling lacquer and they arranged a time to have the repair done, when the repair guy was doing the wheel i had service come to

me saying they should be charging me for the repair as they found another dodgy piece of lacquer by a wheel hole but as a gesture of goodwill

they wouldnt charge me,i think they thought i should be gratefull to them at the end of the day it still had an issue that was down to poor painting.

just because you deal with lexus doesn't mean they will treat you well, they are only there to make money.

That's not true. I had a stuck handbrake, totally my fault as I washed the car in winter and let it stand for 3 weeks. They did it for free.

Completely and wholly depends on how firm you are, how well you explain what you want doing and exactly how you want it doing and the person you are dealing with

The fact that they did your paint for free is enough. It doesn't matter if they said "goodwill gesture" or not. Try dealing with Mercedes and you'll know what I mean. They won't even pay if your bumper falls off.

Lexus paintwork is immaculate from the factory. In all honesty if you're getting clear coat peel on a Lexus either it's had a poor repair in the past, some sort of smart repair or its down to negligence on the owners part. Of course it could be totally random but you'd be pretty unlucky

• Like 1

I'll let you know if they change it.

Top Lexus exec was there at the time I went in and service manager showed him photo. His comments were ' That is the worst I've seen for a car of that age - totallly unacceptable '.

So hopefully it will help get it replaced. They said they may need to replace both to match.

I have a feeling it may have been causd by the previous owner not wearing his seat belt..... it looks like the seat belt may ll have rubbed between him and the seat, especially if he's one of those "I need to take my seat belt off when reversing" types

• Like 1

I have a feeling it may have been causd by the previous owner not wearing his seat belt..... it looks like the seat belt may ll have rubbed between him and the seat, especially if he's one of those "I need to take my seat belt off when reversing" types

Ha ha... I hadn't realised it was a type of driver, I just thought the person I know that does this should have their licence revoked because they couldn't drive properly. A learner would fail their test for this.

Ha ha... I hadn't realised it was a type of driver, I just thought the person I know that does this should have their licence revoked because they couldn't drive properly. A learner would fail their test for this.

Its actually completely legal to take off your seatbelt whilst reversing for both learner drivers and experienced drivers.

The main problem is - learners tend to forget to put it back on!

I think the person who had it before me was possibly quite large and couldn't avoid regular contact with seat. I would also assume car was used for a lot of short journeys - in & out of car on a regular basis.

I think the person who had it before me was possibly quite large and couldn't avoid regular contact with seat. I would also assume car was used for a lot of short journeys - in & out of car on a regular basis.

Sounds perfectly sensible. Might have been one of the older folk. Obviously impaired mobility means they end up spending more time on the seat swivelling around and trying to get out.

Unfortunately, those so-called experienced drivers actually put it back on whilst driving forward. I've never really seen the point of removing the seatbelt, but I'm not large or pregnant (well that would be remarkable) :)

Sorry totally inept of linking the original quote. on reversing without a seatbelt.

Going back to the original topic, I thought that the seat bases and back rests (effectively the parts your body makes contact with) were leather, but that the sides and backs of the seats (and headrests?) were fake leather.

Going back to the original topic, I thought that the seat bases and back rests (effectively the parts your body makes contact with) were leather, but that the sides and backs of the seats (and headrests?) were fake leather.

Unlikely. There is a slight difference in how real leather and the Nuluxe fake leather feels. Itd feel different in different places and react differently to leather cleaning agents.

Its either fully real leather or fully fake leather. Regardless, it shouldnt be happening at 54k miles.

However, one of my good friends wiped his leather seats in IPA wipes - you wouldnt guess what happened - yep - it took the dye straight off! Perhaps someone's been getting too happy with IPA wipes? Or it could be a bad touch up job.

Pretty sure the seats in my 2013 Luxury are genuine. Its just over 100K and they look almost like new

Mine certainly don't look like new.

Heard there may be a recall on seat wear??

• 1 month later...

Latest - they have agreed to change as "good will" gesture but not total amount. So a seat will cost £500 ( ish ) and will expect me to pay half plus labour to fit.

They can dream on! I will start to get public with it if this is the case.

Latest - they have agreed to change as "good will" gesture but not total amount. So a seat will cost £500 ( ish ) and will expect me to pay half plus labour to fit.

They can dream on! I will start to get public with it if this is the case.

Would be very surprised if a seat was just £500 TBH.

In http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/101906-help-headrest-for-my-ct/ there is a figure quoted of £560 for just a headrest.

I wonder if the £500 is your share of the cost?

Wouldn't surprise me if they did ask for that amount. They can ask but they won't get it.

Which dealer? Nah just say it's a fault in the seat and you'll contact Lexus UK if not resolved. Just give them a hard time lol

We had our front drivers leather seat cover changed by Lexus (under Warranty) due to scuff wear on the outside bolster on our CT200 Premier back in 2011 when it was 2 years old. The cause I believe is scuffing when getting in and out the car.

We now have a new 2014 CT200 sport and the same is happening again. Went back to Lexus with this issue (very slight) a couple of months ago and they photographed the scuffing and said they will monitor it. Again my wife and I are both 5'6" tall so we have the seat further forward resulting in the bolster being scuffed on entry and exit to the car. I believe the jeans I sometime wear (studs in pockets etc) don't help the issue as its quite a tight fit when the seats are traversed forward. We now retract the seat right back (using the auto seat adjustment option 3) each time we leave/enter the car.

I have already contacted Lexus customer services & they have stated they will only change as good will gesture.

I'm Ready for the fight and possibly move away from Lexus brand.

I have already contacted Lexus customer services & they have stated they will only change as good will gesture.

Isnt that what you want? to change the seat as a good will gesture? That suggests they're paying for it right?

Isnt that what you want? to change the seat as a good will gesture? That suggests they're paying for it right?

No. They stated there would be a cost & would advise me what it would be. Not been contacted as yet.

No. They stated there would be a cost & would advise me what it would be. Not been contacted as yet.

Thats messed up - can't see why they cant replace the seat if its got less than 60k miles on it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links