Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rod Millen Motorsport

Bison

Rod Millen Motorsport have been around a long time are well respected.

Be warned that a lot of parts made for the US market is not suitable for the European models :excl: Some suspension parts won't fit and some are designed for lard**** Yanks that only drive in straight lines.

Well Mr TDi, why don't you do stuff cheaper like the prices rod millen charge, then I might buy some lowering springs from you!

My Volvo Eibach Springs were only £100 So get nearer that price and I'll buy some from ya!

Bison :P :D :whistling: :zee:

ok.....rather than be negative, have you considerd the cost of purchase,shipping and inport tax and duty, on the RMM springs.

now consider that against the cost of the springs that TDI sell, who i have to add, also have to import them.

stop your TDI bashing :excl:

Well Mr TDi, why don't you do stuff cheaper like the prices rod millen charge, then I might buy some lowering springs from you!

My Volvo Eibach Springs were only £100 So get nearer that price and I'll buy some from ya!

Bison :P :D :whistling: :zee:

Andy, if you want some Volvo springs for £100 I can do that, but not for your Lexus -sorry :crybaby:

My post was intended to be helpful to you. You may be able to imagine how many times over the last 13 years that we have been working on Lexus cars, I have seen people do the wrong thing in an attempt to save money. I could of course keep that knowledge to myself or I could share it with you.

Generally I think it is fair to say that if you don't want any help or advise don't ask for it.

You might be good at what you do, I don't doubt that, but I think the price of the parts you sell is very overpriced compared to other companies I can't see how you can charge £400 for lowering springs. across the general lowering spring market they all seem to be between £70 and £200 for a set, how come yours are so pricey?

Don't you do any cheaper ones? I can't Justify £400 on a set of springs, I'd rather get the angle grinder out. How can you do Volvo springs for £100 and not Lexus? they are made the same way? Are the Lexus one's diamond encrusted or something? What's so special about them that they are that price?

Please tell me cos I'm puzzled,

You might be good at what you do, I don't doubt that, but I think the price of the parts you sell is very overpriced compared to other companies I can't see how you can charge £400 for lowering springs. across the general lowering spring market they all seem to be between £70 and £200 for a set, how come yours are so pricey?

Don't you do any cheaper ones? I can't Justify £400 on a set of springs, I'd rather get the angle grinder out. How can you do Volvo springs for £100 and not Lexus? they are made the same way? Are the Lexus one's diamond encrusted or something? What's so special about them that they are that price?

Please tell me cos I'm puzzled,

I dont understand where you are coming from........my eibachs cost £140 which is OK

Look at JDMpartsgurus costings and compare them with tdiplc's for the same and you see a reasonable markup.

The man has got to pay for premises,staff costs etc. He's also got to eat :blush:

Personally i think you are a bit crazy.gif

i would say that you have definately been a little agressive with your posts. step back and take a breath. Is the £400 your talking about to supply and fit the lowering springs. From all the great reviews the £140 eibachs are great and extremely close to your £100 budget considering how great they are.

everyone is only trying to help you here :D

springs on tdi's website are £150 + vat, but i have seen them on other sites for approx £150 inc vat, i am assuming the £400 incl fitting? or just get a local garage to fit them for you - its not a big job to do.

i have the eibach springs( not from tdi so no bias involved) and can say i am happy with them, bit of a loss in ride quality, but it now doesnt wallow about if u have a lot of weight in the car, my only complaint is that i have found them to be a bit spongy/ rebound a bit more than i would like, apart from that alls ok.

Not sure why everybody is talking about £140 IS springs, they won't be much use on a LS400 :unsure:

The TDI web site lists the springs for the LS400 at £400 + vat + 4 hours fitting. I must admit I find this excessive but I guess that is because of the high purchase price TDI have to pay not them putting on a huge markup.

I think you are a limited for choice with the LS. Not too many original owners of an LS would want to lower it so not many companies would produce the springs. If you go for some from the US remember that their suspension is normally much softer than in Europe and that you will have to pay high shipping charges + import duty + customs clearance as well as the normal vat.

Not sure why everybody is talking about £140 IS springs, they won't be much use on a LS400  :unsure:

The TDI web site lists the springs for the LS400 at £400 + vat + 4 hours fitting. I must admit I find this excessive but I guess that is because of the high purchase price TDI have to pay not them putting on a huge markup.

I think you are a limited for choice with the LS. Not too many original owners of an LS would want to lower it so not many companies would produce the springs. If you go for some from the US remember that their suspension is normally much softer than in Europe and that you will have to pay high shipping charges + import duty + customs clearance as well as the normal vat.

if he mentioned that he had an LS it might help!

Bison - thankyou very much for your nice PM btw, - what a sarcastic fellow you are.

Or if you clicked where it says- My cardomain page it also tells you there too.

I agree with Colin though every member should put down thier model/location as this helps everybody

who is giving advise.

But as with everything you get what you pay for,i cant see a set of springs costing £100

will do the job for an LS.

Garages vary the time it takes to fit them.

oh soo sorry- i choose not to view members signatures as i dont want to view an extra 2 pages of dross im not going to read - dont take offense to that!

people were going on about springs for £150 i assume because the majority of the active owners on the site own IS's.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links