Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Headrest For My Ct

Sarosh

You're right, I understand exactly what you're saying. Well let's just hope the people at their customer relations dept can somehow resolve it. Because if they can't, then I don't know who else to go to for it to be resolved. LOL

In the end, Watchdog always seems to work lol. Lexus surely won't like that!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if customer relations dont do anything for you then maybe do as rayaans mentioned and return the car or threaten to return the car within the 30 day period and see if their stand changes, go to your sales person and inform them as they wont like losing their commission on the sale, go to the person in charge of the dealership ,if they dont budge then give them the car back and use a different dealership and buy another one from a different dealer ,you have spent your hard earned money to buy your car and you need to feel happy with your purchase,the only thing that matters to the dealership is sales and nothing else.

Sounds like they are on a par with the dealer I purchased from. Lexus UK asked me for feedback on my experience so I was honest with them.

Dealer principle then rang me and left a message saying he had received negative feedback and wanted to discuss with me. I rang back on several occasions but he was always unavailable and never returned my calls so I left it there. Lexus UK also asked if I wanted them to contact me and discuss so I said yes. 3 months later still waiting for their call.

I love the car and have my eye on changing into an is300h in the future, but so far the Lexus experience has been poor compared to my previous dealings with Audi and VW.

if customer relations dont do anything for you then maybe do as rayaans mentioned and return the car or threaten to return the car within the 30 day period and see if their stand changes,

I'm not sure on what basis you can reject the car. Unless you have something stating that all the head rests were included in the sale then I'm not sure they have technically done anything wrong. OP states that the pictures show it as missing so they would argue he was aware about it as tested. Don't get me wrong, I'd be upset and would expect any self respecting dealer to fix the problem, but I'm not really sure they have a legal obligation

if customer relations dont do anything for you then maybe do as rayaans mentioned and return the car or threaten to return the car within the 30 day period and see if their stand changes, go to your sales person and inform them as they wont like losing their commission on the sale, go to the person in charge of the dealership ,if they dont budge then give them the car back and use a different dealership and buy another one from a different dealer ,you have spent your hard earned money to buy your car and you need to feel happy with your purchase,the only thing that matters to the dealership is sales and nothing else.

There is a 30 day exchange programme with the same dealer, not a returns policy.

I also understand the idea that if it wasn't spotted at the handover then they will say it's my problem etc etc. but from a safety point of view it's not right.

Doubt the dealer principal gives two hoots. Who knows customer relations may say they've spoken to him but they may not bother too.

Well I'm taking it to the same dealer tomorrow for some other issue, so let's see if they approach me about this issue.

So frustrating. But thank you all for your suggestions and advice. At least their owners club is helpful! Unlike the dealers!

Hi guys,

Just an update. Customer relations contacted the dealer and now the dealer wants the picture I have from the online listing to show there was no headrest then!

They actually think I'm trying to scam them out of a headrest! LOL. Well I've sent it, so let's see what happens now.

Hi guys,

Just an update. Customer relations contacted the dealer and now the dealer wants the picture I have from the online listing to show there was no headrest then!

They actually think I'm trying to scam them out of a headrest! LOL. Well I've sent it, so let's see what happens now.

:lol: Why would anyone want to scam a dealer out of a headrest? Sure you've either got them or not.....

It reminds me of when you stay in a big hotel. The first think they want is your credit card details as they don't trust you not to trash your room and run off without paying.

You bought a car of a reputable dealer trusting them to supply a car of reasonable quality as would fit their reputation and then they accuse you a trying to con them out of a headrest.

It is a shame no one trusts each other these days.

I hope with the evidence that you are not trying to pull a fast one. The dealer will realise he has mistakenly sold an unsafe car and will supply a replacement headrest free of charge.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean! If I was buying from some Shady backstreet car garage then fair enough, but this is from one of the main dealers.

Well hopefully they'll also see they've made a mistake. If not then I genuinely don't know what I'll do.

It just makes me laugh at the thought of actually trying to con a headrest. Lol

when your buying another car that you have wanted for ages you dont go looking for all the negatives of the car even though you should,your mind does seem to veer towards the positives so small things can be overlooked easily, a large dealership should only hand the car over to you after an extensive check has been carried out and any issues have been sorted before you collect,i feel they let things go hoping you wont notice and they get away with replacing the item.

I completely agree with what you are saying it's true. I'd searched for ages to find the ct200 with the spec I wanted. And I should have checked but I didn't.

Even still. The dealer must know they've fudged up. But just don't want to shell out the few hundred quid to get it repaired, compared to me returning a 13k car?.....hmmmm

Good news!!!! After sending the dealer and customer relations a picture of the car advert with no headrest. I got a call today from the saleswoman who sold me the car.....headrest has been ordered and they'll let me know when it arrives.

I am pleased with the outcome, but disappointed with the drawn out length of it.

Just got the follow up email of my purchase asking for feedback of the dealer when I bought the car........hmmmm should be interesting lol.

Good news!!!! After sending the dealer and customer relations a picture of the car advert with no headrest. I got a call today from the saleswoman who sold me the car.....headrest has been ordered and they'll let me know when it arrives.

I am pleased with the outcome, but disappointed with the drawn out length of it.

Just got the follow up email of my purchase asking for feedback of the dealer when I bought the car........hmmmm should be interesting lol.

Great news! Pleased you got it sorted in the end! :)

Definitely a result but its akin to the likes of Arnold Clark who have recently bought out most of the Mercedes dealerships in Scotland. They drag out delivery dents on the car for 6 months lol - on a £40k A45 AMG!!

Lol. I don't think these dealers understand how hard we work the money we spend at their showrooms. And they seem to have forgotten we are willing to pay that little extra for the service that comes with buying from the main dealer. Or am I wrong? Lol

Lol. I don't think these dealers understand how hard we work the money we spend at their showrooms. And they seem to have forgotten we are willing to pay that little extra for the service that comes with buying from the main dealer. Or am I wrong? Lol

Tell me about it - recent trip to Lexus Edgeware road was a pain - I spent £100 worth of petrol just getting down and back and they wouldnt even haggle on price - they were like "the price is what you pay". I was like "stick it up your backside then" - told the salesman straight to his face and walked out. Used car Manager wasn't pleased lol

Tell me about it - recent trip to Lexus Edgeware road was a pain - I spent £100 worth of petrol just getting down and back and they wouldnt even haggle on price - they were like "the price is what you pay". I was like "stick it up your backside then" - told the salesman straight to his face and walked out. Used car Manager wasn't pleased lol

why are dealers so up themselves,they still need to make money and surely a sale is a sale, are lexus more concerned with the corporate market as opposed to the private market,where corporate sales will just pay the asking price without question.

why are dealers so up themselves,they still need to make money and surely a sale is a sale, are lexus more concerned with the corporate market as opposed to the private market,where corporate sales will just pay the asking price without question.

Corporate don't pay the asking price, lease companies and fleet buyers negotiate huge discounts to the point that there is very little margin in a new car. I remember a dealer telling me that on some of the bulk discount schemes they were lucky if they made £100 profit after the cost of preparing a car.

Used is where the profit is. Dealer I bought from could have sold me an extended warranty and a service plan if they had made some effort, but they couldn't be bothered, so I bought the extras somewhere else. I may decided to change into an is300 in the future, but no way I would go back to the same dealer so they have potentially lost future revenue.

Mikey, I'm in your shoes!

This ct is gonna be with me for another two years then when it reached around 75-80k miles I'm gonna trade it in and get a is300h, so that way I get a decent price for the ct.

But I doubt I'll be going back to my dealer that I got this car from now!

Mikey, I'm in your shoes!

This ct is gonna be with me for another two years then when it reached around 75-80k miles I'm gonna trade it in and get a is300h, so that way I get a decent price for the ct.

But I doubt I'll be going back to my dealer that I got this car from now!

Could you put a review up of the dealership in the general reviews section? Itll help alot of people.

Mate, forget a decent P/X price at some dealers. Edgeware road had the cheek to say £2250 for a car that webuyanycar say is worth £3100 with the stonechips and wheel scuffs!

Lol Edgware Road seems to have a few issue there! Something ain't right at all.

Yeah one day this week when I'm off work I'll post up a dealer review.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links