Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Design

One of the reasons I chose the IS300h is the interior design.

Compared to the opposition I am happy I made the right choice. The XE is dissapointing for a new design and the C class has the ICE screen sort of tacked on. The Audi is ok but a bit dull. BMW ok ish but dated. Volvo not for me just looks cheap. I quite like the Infiniti Q50. I still think the Lexus shines above the others for overall design.

Lexus IS

2014-Lexus-IS-350-Sport-cockpit-2_zpsrbz

Audi A4

2014-Audi-A4-interior_zpszoccz0fh.jpg

3 Series

BMW-3-Series_Gran_Turismo_2014_800x600_w

C Class

2015-Mercedes-Benz-C-class-interior-101-

Jag XE

Jag%20XE%20interior_zpsz9khvclz.jpg

Volvo V60

volvo-v60-plug-in-hybrid-11_zpsnnmxfzsw.

Infiniti Q50

2015_infiniti_q50_dashboard_zpsctgvzm6b.

• Like 1

Although I have really enjoyed 2 and a bit years with my 2013 C Class, the new one was just not on my list - short or long - because of that awful screen, looks like an iPad blu-tacked onto the dashboard.

Malcolm

• Like 1

It seems I am not the only one who finds the trend for "tacked on " screens a disappointment. Thank goodness Lexus decided to intergrate it into the design of the dash.

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-worst-new-trend-in-car-interior-design-1564314503

Ed.

The new c class boasts a nice design apart from that horrible screen, however, having sat in one, the quality is not as good as the IS in terms of materials. Their artico leather is durable but very hard and details like padding in the armrests are not that good. The seats in the IS are also superior

I thought it was just me that didn't like the latest trend for what looks like an I pad added on as an afterthought, what is wrong with blending into the dash , also helps with fewer reflections.

I wonder what the repair cost would be when some scrote tries to rip the screen oft to fit in his saxo?

The only down side so far of the Lexus for me is the storage... Unless there are hidden ones I have yet to find. For things like my keys, sun glasses fuel receipts coins for toll roads etc. that could be improved on.

• Like 1

A colleague gave me a lift home in his BMW 3 series GT. (3 series hatch back) It looked nice enough from the outside in a BMW way and the hatch had power open & close nice!

Once inside the seats were like sitting on ply wood flat & hard!! The dash was basic looking and he took ages getting his TomTom out and sticking on the suction mount. It also sounded like a tractor and seemed noisier than my wifes diesel Insignia which imho has a better interior.

What is the attraction of BMW`s I just dont see it.

Ed :innocent:

A colleague gave me a lift home in his BMW 3 series GT. (3 series hatch back) It looked nice enough from the outside in a BMW way and the hatch had power open & close nice!

Once inside the seats were like sitting on ply wood flat & hard!! The dash was basic looking and he took ages getting his TomTom out and sticking on the suction mount. It also sounded like a tractor and seemed noisier than my wifes diesel Insignia which imho has a better interior.

What is the attraction of BMW`s I just dont see it.

Ed :innocent:

well, thither is this thing, about 5cm in diameter and the factory usually stick t on the bonnet.

at which hour the peasants see this 5cm circle, those gents shake and shiver as they believeth their king hath cometh

Total bulls testicles of course lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links