Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gearbox - Is 200 Sports

brians

Further to my recent remarks re; "pulling away" and "notchy" 1st & 2nd gears. I am delighted to report that Lexus Chester have replaced both gears, in addition they attended to two faults, unknown by myself and replaced expensive parts. (under the Lexus warranty.) :D

I cannot stress enough how attentive their team have been and what a pleasure it was to drive away smoothly from Chester yesterday.

My thanks to Mick Mills and his service team, The car drove so well and was also treated to a super clean!

The moto is "if you need a job done, find a good dealer" !!

• 2 weeks later...

alright brian, i bought my T reg is200 about 10 months ago from a jag dealer and have always found the gear change in low gears quite rough. told by a few people that this is norm with this car. i have a 12 month warranty from perrys but only to £500. can you suggest anything to cure it....

• 3 weeks later...

Had my gearbox changed today - last time I was told it was just a common problem and since the car was in today and someone else was checking it I thought I might as well ask - paid off as I got a new gearbox!!

Feels much stiffer at the moment than the old one, how long do they take to loosen up (or does that not happen??)

Think I might drop a note to the dealers as they were great today and I never thanked them for the work they've done for me in the past.. Tell you what though, you don't half realise how good the Lexus dealers are when you go to another one - I was in the Toyota bit waiting for parts and was waiting for ages, walk back across the road and straight away it's 'do you want a drink' and you've got everything sorted within minutes... They were still helpful but you do realise just how good the Lexus guys are :D

As some may know I bought my car off my company... I sent an email to Lexus Guilford asking if it would be covered by them (dodgy 1st, 2nd gear). :huh:

They have just replied saying that I need to book my car in for a test drive? Do you think thats a good sign? My cars a 2001X reg?

Yes - Guildford are excellent at warranty work - even though it did take until the 3rd clutch and flywheel to sort the judder out. Assume you are dealing with Malcolm - if they say they all do it just stress you have driven others that don't !!

Had a little bit of this over the clutch(es) - ask him to arrange a visit by the area technician man - he tours the various dealers and identifies and sorts queries such as this - it got my clutch resolved anyway.

Failing that try another dealership.

How old and leggy is your car not to qualify ?

Ah - worth asking around to see if it would be covered if you extended the warranty - think it costs £480 ish a year (discount in gold ?) - then you can do up to 140k and 7 yrs ...

Might be cheaper than going for a direct fix perhaps - depends how bad it is I guess - they all seem to clonk in varying degrees.

Or you could find some record of it being mentioned at previous services - this would show the fault being logged earlier - were you the previous driver ?

Got a few things to try, change the Oil (incase there is cheap stuf in there)

Also I was thinking of putting a turbo or S/C, I think this may increase the pressure (which should help? any tips on this guys?!) :D

But I did have a go in a new Sports when I was up there, and to be honest it didn't feel much different :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links