Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Am I Being Daft?

gazza200

Before buying the lex I looked at a few other makes and wasn't too impressed but yesterday I was driving past a jaguar garage and went in to have a quick look.... BIG mistake cuz I am now well smitten by the x type :blush: Gonna take the mrs through this weekend to have another look and arrange a test drive, although the jag is gonna have to be one special car for her to give me the go ahead (the IS200 is the only car she has ever got excited about... both her and my daughter love it)

Anyone know how reliable the x type is?

Being British made it can't be much good can it?

Also how well is it likely to hold its value compared to lexus?

Talk me out of it PLEASE :blush:

I test drove the 3 different X Types when they came out (was invited to a launch day)

They are not as good a drive as the IS - there is a lot of body roll around corners - even in the 3.0 sport with stiffened suspension.

Also to equip the X Type to the standard equipment in the IS SE (excluding the sat nav which is not standard) was around £7k more (this was based on the 2.5 SE which was the model I had in mind).

OK - so you got a bigger engine, so not a true like for like - but still, not 7k worth of differences :D

I also really liked the look of it - but think it was a short term infatuation, as I now think they look very mundane :blush:

Before buying the lex I looked at a few other makes and wasn't too impressed but yesterday I was driving past a jaguar garage and went in to have a quick look.... BIG mistake cuz I am now well smitten by the x type :blush: Gonna take the mrs through this weekend to have another look and arrange a test drive, although the jag is gonna have to be one special car for her to give me the go ahead (the IS200 is the only car she has ever got excited about... both her and my daughter love it)

Anyone know how reliable the x type is?

Being British made it can't be much good can it?

Also how well is it likely to hold its value compared to lexus?

Talk me out of it PLEASE :blush:

i would say the jag is the biz,but owning a 200 would be better cause you can take it to bits easy and get loads of info off the LOC guys,i`m sticking with me lex,do jag have an owners club ;)

Talk me out of it PLEASE  :blush:

Here's one really stupid thing I heard about the X-type that made me laugh...

As standard you get a space saver spare wheel. You can pay extra to get a full size steel wheel or pay even more for a full size spare alloy. The funny thing is that since the hole in the boot needs to big enough for the upgraded full size spare, the space saver doesn't actually save you any useful space.

Aside from that I think the X-type is a fantastic looking car but basically a Mondeo and much more expensive than the IS200 for equivalent spec. Oh yes, and no rear-drive option.

P.S. The IS200 comes with a proper full size alloy spare as standard.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links