Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi, I have a 2007 IS250 Sport and although it has electric folding mirrors on the button while the engine is running I was wondering if there was a way I could get them to fold when I lock the car?

Apologies in advance if this is one of them things every newbie asks but I am RUBBISH with these forums and although I have looked through previous threads, I obviously havent looked well enough :D

Cheers

Mark

Post 8 on this link

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/75371-folding-mirrors/

Micheal in Australia is the man to assist. Just don't mention the cricket right now...may be a sore point. 60 all out...never saw that in the tea leaves!!

If you point at his name (on a pc) you will see a tab to message him.

Post 8 on this link

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/75371-folding-mirrors/

Micheal in Australia is the man to assist. Just don't mention the cricket right now...may be a sore point. 60 all out...never saw that in the tea leaves!!

If you point at his name (on a pc) you will see a tab to message him.

Great, thanks pal.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Just one kit which installs into the drivers door only which does both mirrors.

There are 7-8 wires to cut and solder the module box into the circuit. Secure the box behind the door card and away you go.

He has some stock in the UK so if you are lucky enough to have the correct loom type (depending on year and spec of the car) then he will send it out from UK and arrives the next day.

Give him an email, very helpful and friendly chap.

Remove the backing plate inside the inside door handle to reveal a screw. Unscrew.

Pop out the window switch panel and detach to reveal 10mm bolt with Phillips head. Unscrew.

Reach round the bottom right hand corner of the door card you'll feel a handle. Holding the top of the door with one hand give the bottom of the door card a good yank to free the poppers all the way around the edge.

Then lift the top edge of the door card off of the door where it meets the bottom of the window.

You'll have to then unbolt the inside handle assembly from the back of the door card in order to fully remove from the car.

Just out of interest, when I did my 220d, I managed to do it without completely removing the door panel. I just found something the right size to sit the panel on and it was fine. I also made sure that I put/fixed the unit on the shelf below the switch panel so that if I needed to get at it at some future time, all I had to do was remove said switch panel instead of the complete door panel.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading this thread a few weeks ago I decided to purchase the PO40 kit from micheal.and all the above about the installation are true easy to install.had a minor hitch with the mirrors folding on double lock but quick message to micheal all sorted and what a fab little optional extra May I say

Billnick this was the email Michael sent to me.as it turned out It was test 2

Test 1.

Please locate the Connector-A Orange wire and cut it.

Join the Po-40 Orange wire to the cut side of the Orange wire going into the loom

Join the Po-40 Brown wire to the cut side of the Orange wire going to the switch

Try that connection

Test 2

With the wiring set up as Test 1 check the Po-40 Blue and Po-40 White wires.

You are probably connected:

Po-40 Blue goes to Connector-C White and

Po-40 White goes to Connector-C Light Green

Try connecting Po-40 Blue instead to Connector-C Purple

Test 3

Use a multimeter connected to the chassis and test each wire in Connector C for the correct Lock pulse.

Hit the lock button on the key fob and look for a 12v flash that then returns to 0v.

Note: Wait 30-40 seconds after each lock test before testing another wire.

When you find a Lock pulse going to 12v then 0v, connect the Po-40 Blue wire to discovered Lock wire.

• 2 weeks later...

The most amazing thing to contemplate is how Lexus get the car to work! Just in our little electrical corner of folding mirrors, we focus on three connectors in the door. In our installation manual we refer to connector A, connected B and connector C.

When we devised the Installation manual for the IS250, we discovered that there are four different types of connector A, two different types of connector B and two different types of connector C. Not only that, but there are different combinations of each three. It must be a nightmare keeping inventory of all of those separate and distinct wiring harnesses.

As to BillNick's issue, a brief explanation. We rely on a "flash" pulse from the central locking system (in other words, a quick 12v with a return to 0v). The original wire in the car was not returning to 0v quickly enough.

Oh, MadAsAHatter asked the transit time from Sydney to Europe. I'm finding that the trip takes little more than 6-8 working days. I pride myself on shipping kits out within the next working day after receipt of payment.

Best regards from Down Under,
Michael

Ph: +61 418 229 934 (just watch the time zones)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Last weekend I moved the PC-40 blue wire from from the thick white wire in connector C, over to the thick purple wire in connector C and now the mirror folds on 1st lock.

I can only conclude that on my model, thick white is for double lock, and thick purple is first lock.

As mentioned by Michael however, not all cars are the same and the variations are endless.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought and installed this on my Lexus IS250 (08) about 2 years ago. It worked flawlessly for about a year and since then only seems to works occasionally and then goes off.

Any thoughts?

Did you solder the wires ? That seems as if you have a bad connection on one or more of the connections, it's worth having a look, it would irritate me if my mirrors didn't fold in when locking the car now and being a bit forgetful in my old Age l just look at my car to know if it's locked or not.

Allan

Hi…

Allan's suggestion has merit.

I am presuming the car is working correctly.

I would check every Po-40 connection for a bad and solder joint and whilst doing so have a multimeter at your side and check the following.

You should have continuity between the black wire and the car chassis.
You should have constant 12v at the red wire
When you lock and when you unlock you should see a very quick 12v pulse. In other words it will go from 0v to 12v and back to 0v on the white and blue wires.

If, after doing the tests the system is still not working, let me know and I will send you a free of charge exchange control box.

Best regards from Sydney, Australia
Michael

• Like 1

Hi…

Allan's suggestion has merit.

I am presuming the car is working correctly.

I would check every Po-40 connection for a bad and solder joint and whilst doing so have a multimeter at your side and check the following.

You should have continuity between the black wire and the car chassis.

You should have constant 12v at the red wire

When you lock and when you unlock you should see a very quick 12v pulse. In other words it will go from 0v to 12v and back to 0v on the white and blue wires.

If, after doing the tests the system is still not working, let me know and I will send you a free of charge exchange control box.

Best regards from Sydney, Australia

Michael

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply and offer. I have been meaning to open up the door card to check. I used those 'clips' to join the wires so it could be that. Funny enough the mirrors seem to work after a heavy downpour!

To be fair, it s daunting to open the door card as it was a pain to put it back on last time and I dont really want to break one of those plastic poppers. I will however take out the main window switch panel and check the PO40 box and if I have enough courage (and time and good weather) will take off the door card and check and will update here.

Regards.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links