Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

came back to my car this evening and saw this,

brutal - was fine on the 4th as i had tracking done and actually had a photo from that side of the car, any idea on what could have caused this or a likely cost to fix?

20150812_191118.jpg

20150812_191125.jpg

how could a bike pedal have got that close? seems like a huge scuff for a bike pedal. I have my own parking bay and that side is facing a wall. Never happened at work, only other place I have been to is sainsburys underground park, and never seen Bikes there at all.

I might have parked on a street in the last week against a kerb, its possible I guess (however remote) for a bike to lose balance and fall against the car while I was out.

Is this a big bill I looking at?

Can't light sand and spray brush take away that ?

I would say it would cost about a 100 from a local.

DIY you need air compressor, air brush, paint and lacquer.

One of these days I am going to buy a compressor and give it a go.

way too much trouble for me!, I sent an enquiry to a smart repair place in hampshire. Its down to the metal frame so it will need sanding, primer and base coat. Hopefully no filler, might escape. Lucky the door escaped.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this fixed, eventually.

before

20150821_092004.jpg

after

20150821_200615.jpg

20150822_174924.jpg

cost was a mere £60, plus the scuff decal (£12 from Lexus). Only bad thing was the interior and exterior was ruined from body shop dust, but I can live with that. I didn't pay for a valet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links