Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sometimes you ask yourself does the person really want to sell the car. OK so it may have problems, at least present it pictorially in the best light.

Always wary of private listings on eBay this car looks more like its been beached. Certainly photo'd on neutral ground. Don't they have the key to the door to take a clearer photo of the interior? Why not a few more photo's you can have up to twelve?

Two people bravely bidding. Good luck.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Lexus-Ls430-Lpg-Spares-or-Repairs-runs-and-drives-/281768564435?hash=item419ab716d3

Sounds like a totally unloved and abused example when the parts required to fix the brakes are in the boot. Questions how long it's been driven with defective brakes nevermind the rest of the servicing requirements.

What does a cheap OBDII scanner cost these days? A £5.00 app on a smart phone? No can't be bothered so sell it with the light on or having discovered it's something nasty don't mention it.

Choice of fixing it on the driveway and then hoping it passes an MOT or have it transported for around £1.50 a mile from Cambridge.

It's a no from me.

• Like 1

Why do folk keep on driving a modern car beyond the "brakes aren't right" point?

You get plenty of warning if you are careless/ignorant enough to reach that stage.

This one was not listed for long so I assume it sold and taken off to avoid the fleabay fees.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-LEXUS-LS430-AUTO-/201405864554?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=8utKAJpOOvGax413cAAgGFe6i6Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

No mot and more seriously, duff air suspension. The buyer could easily spend twice that sorting it even if he fitted coilovers. No doubt the dealer was well aware of that.

nice touch in that Ad Brendan

"The rear-window shade,
power moon-roof, and rear seat vanity mirrors that were optional extras
are lovely; the optional rear air conditioner now includes a deodorizer. So if
your relatives stink, make sure they sit in back."

going back to oriignal car quoted, no furtehr bids and wonder why the crhome strip missing from rear bumper. Brakes I imagine could be issue of non use and calipers seized so discs and pads won't be the only expense.

I think they also have an "Ioniser" fitted too which produces negative ions essential for that feel good experience whilst driving ( totally unnecessary with a Lexus of course).

The negative ions also assist with saving fuel by arranging the petrol molecules in their correct sequence for burning....ok I made that bit up :)

A much better option would have been my superb LS 430 which I've traded in for £1,300. I understand about Gold membership, but all I tried to do before I depart was to give another LOC member an opportunity to grab an absolute bargain, but I wasn't allowed to. The rules stopped me from doing someone a good turn which is a shame.

And this is what they would have got.

post-32919-0-88836900-1439738705_thumb.j

post-32919-0-51372300-1439738728_thumb.j

A much better option would have been my superb LS 430 which I've traded in for £1,300. I understand about Gold membership, but all I tried to do before I depart was to give another LOC member an opportunity to grab an absolute bargain, but I wasn't allowed to. The rules stopped me from doing someone a good turn which is a shame.

Then if that is the case why didn't you become Gold member. You would have probably got twice what a dealer gave you so you saved yourself the £39.95 and lost about £1300. Don't blame the rules. Mike.

Then if that is the case why didn't you become Gold member. You would have probably got twice what a dealer gave you so you saved yourself the £39.95 and lost about £1300. Don't blame the rules. Mike.

You totally misunderstand me, probably because you didn't see my post that was instantly removed. I asked the question, "Do you think I should become a Gold member because I want to offer the car to a member at a much reduced price?" That was seen as an advert to sell, which is wasn't, I was just asking for opinions. So for that reason I do blame the rules. Quite possibly I would have become a Gold member if I had been given the opportunity for a response. I wouldn't have sold it for more, and that was my point, to do someone a good turn and let the car go to someone who would appreciated the effort I've put into it. The money wasn't an issue, an appreciative owner was.

You totally misunderstand me, probably because you didn't see my post that was instantly removed. I asked the question, "Do you think I should become a Gold member because I want to offer the car to a member at a much reduced price?" That was seen as an advert to sell, which is wasn't, I was just asking for opinions. So for that reason I do blame the rules. Quite possibly I would have become a Gold member if I had been given the opportunity for a response. I wouldn't have sold it for more, and that was my point, to do someone a good turn and let the car go to someone who would appreciated the effort I've put into it. The money wasn't an issue, an appreciative owner was.

The rules are you cannot sell on the LOC unless you are a Gold Member and it doesn't matter how casually you mention it in a post you mentioned selling it and that is against the rules so no blame there for the rules. Only you can decide if you become a Gold Member no one else can tell you. So no blame there on the rules. You could have joined for £39-95 add the cost of the car £1300 making a total of £1395 had you of done that there would almost certainly been a que a mile long at your door, so no blame on the rules either. Mike.

I think they also have an "Ioniser" fitted too which produces negative ions essential for that feel good experience whilst driving ( totally unnecessary with a Lexus of course).

The negative ions also assist with saving fuel by arranging the petrol molecules in their correct sequence for burning....ok I made that bit up :)

don't be silly Steve, you know its all about magnets or aluminium sheet twisted into a vortex shape with losenge shaped slits at 45 degrees all round, that gives you that terrific mileage per G, boost.!

I trust Phil that is depart as in one marque for another? Nothing more serious?

Lovely looking car how long did you own it?

No Stuart, I don't intend departing this earth yet! I've got a Vectra estate as well, which is also going to a new owner. It's just being more practical and having one car. I've had the LS430 for a year, and it's been great to own, everyone loves it. The Volvo I'm buying has some of the same features like pop up sat nav, ventilated leather seats and loads of toys, and is just about as mint as you can get, and it's rare to find one with only 32K.

And a little PS to Mike. I seem to remember you decided not to renew your Gold membership because you didn't agree with all the rules! Anyway, all done now.

No Stuart, I don't intend departing this earth yet! I've got a Vectra estate as well, which is also going to a new owner. It's just being more practical and having one car. I've had the LS430 for a year, and it's been great to own, everyone loves it. The Volvo I'm buying has some of the same features like pop up sat nav, ventilated leather seats and loads of toys, and is just about as mint as you can get, and it's rare to find one with only 32K.

And a little PS to Mike. I seem to remember you decided not to renew your Gold membership because you didn't agree with all the rules! Anyway, all done now.

There is little point in discussing why I did or did not leave the Gold scheme as it has no bearing on what you were trying to manipulate your way around.

There is little point in discussing why I did or did not leave the Gold scheme as it has no bearing on what you were trying to manipulate your way around.

I would have thought you'd know me better than that Mike after all these years. Very unfair of you to judge my motives, I had absolutely no intention of manipulation, that's very offensive.

Good luck with the Volvo Phil.

Thanks Stuart, I've lost count of the amount of these forum arguments and accusations I've read, I'm not going to be another one! I'm signing off now with your kind comments. All the best. Phil

I would have thought you'd know me better than that Mike after all these years. Very unfair of you to judge my motives, I had absolutely no intention of manipulation, that's very offensive.

If I agree with the rules as they are have nothing to do with the way I deal with them for every one, I am still in the same mindset I was when I left the Gold Scheme but my own personal preferences cannot be bought to bare on the way I moderate. When asked if I would like to be one of the Moderators I never saw that the rules would ever be a problem for me to deal with which includes the Gold Membership. I look after their interests as well as yours in an even and fair way according to the rules laid down. If you or anyone else is unhappy with any of the rules then its within your powers to bring it to the attention of the club administrators and try to get it changed. We cant allow members to advertise however "casually" a car or anything else on the premise your doing a kind and charitable thing by letting the LOC membership "casually" know your selling your car at an advantages price.

Now please let that be an end to it.

Sorry to see you go Phil. My very best wishes to you.

Mike, if I may: I've been looking around the pages here trying to find who the "we" are that "can't".

Is it possible to find who owns these forums? Thxs.

Sorry to see you go Phil. My very best wishes to you.

Mike, if I may: I've been looking around the pages here trying to find who the "we" are that "can't".

Is it possible to find who owns these forums? Thxs.

Hi Stuart I have made inquiries and have come up with this email address for you.

Steve Barnes steve@locuk.co.uk Hope this helps regards Mike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links