Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is The Is Safe In Heavy Rain?

i can compare the 300h f sport with the latest gen bmw 320 estate running on 18 inch alloys that i drove for 2 yrs and also with the IS 250 previous generation. the 320 was way better in handling than the 250 but i honestly feel the 300H is on thesame level as the BM at least. it has a great balance, neutral handling and the chassis feels like it can handle much more horses. Driving in the wet in my situation feels safe and under control, i did not experience anything nasty yet and can not report of any tramlining

currently running on wintertyres that feel a bit softer, have more comfort. Tramlining is more experienced with superflat/wide tyres, inflated tyre pressures, flexible chassis, uneven worn tyres or misalignment of front or rear or both wheels.

i do not think that a new IS should have any problems in wet or dry, should not have any tramlining or other handling issues so my conclusion is there will be something wrong with your car, better go see the dealer and let them check all!

drive tastefully

Did a 70 mile trip yesterday on winding A roads, torrential rain huge lakes of standing water and 50/60 mph cross winds, my IS 250 behaved impeccably.

We've certainly had our share of rain in Cumbria this season.

D

Ultimately it is not about how fast you can drive, but more about how quickly you can stop!

Talking of which, wouldn't the high tyre pressures mentioned above have an adverse impact on the car's stopping ability and general road holding? (on the basis that you are greatly reducing the contact area between tyre and road)
Are the tyres designed to cope with such pressure? For instance going around a sharp bend at speed?
Are you likely to introduce new issues running at 46psi?
Would your car insurance be likely to not cover you if you had an accident and an investigation was to show that used a tyre pressure so wild from the manufacturer's recommendations?

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2015 at 7:52 PM, Deadloak said:

I'd not use the cruise control in heavy rain. As the action for aqua-plaining is to not brake, but take your foot off the accelerator. You can't do that in criuse control safely.

Now I've actually had the car for 4 months. It is very stable in the wet. I've hit a deep patch of standing water in heavy rain conditions, and no drama's.

Although I was not driving appropriately for the conditions admittedly.

I think the IS300H gves good feedback of the road to the streering wheel, perhaps this is the sensivity that the originall poster made..

However unlike him, i do not question whether the IS is safe in heavy rain.

If other cars like BMW are masking this feedback, then surely that is more dangerous, giving  a false sense of security..

That's my take on this,,

Just done 160 miles in probably the worst road conditions apart from snow. A mixture of unlit dual carriageway roads, exposed M ways with heavy wind gusts and plenty of standing water....

24587847170_2406b732d9_b_d.jpg

The IS300H behaved perfectly, got to my destination just as quick as normal, not problems at all. Just the right amount of feedback from the car to tell you when your going that little bit too quick for the conditions, so you know when to back off :). 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links