Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How Hard Can It Be To Get A Refund From Lexus,very Hard

email i sent to lexus extended warranty today

it is with regards to an extended policy that i purchased through lexus chester in december 2014.

i have now sold my ct200h on the 1st of August 2015 and bought an IS300h from lexus stoke ,i have had to cancel the warranty and get a refund

since the warranty cannot be passed onto a dealer,

and this is where the issues have started.

1) on the 1st August i spoke to warranties to inform them the warranty needed to be cancelled and a refund to me to be issued.

2) on the 5th i received a letter to confirm the refund had been actioned

3) on the 19th i phoned to confirm the refund had been posted and was told yes it had,and to give it till the weekend ,i did and it didnt arrive

4) on the 24th i phoned warranties again only to be told NO refund had been issued as it had to be manually actioned.

5) on the 25th i spoke to joe holden a senior advisor and he agreed that a bacs transfer would be processed instead of a cheque being sent for speed.
i looked at a bank statement to get my sort code and account number and read them to him,he also told me he would confirm the actions
taken in an email,and that i would receive it in 10 minutes ,18 hrs later it hadn't been delivered

6) spoke to Joe on the 26th he apologised for not sending me an email and confirmed an email had been sent today

7) on arrival at home i read his email only to find that they have sent the refund to somebody by bacs in barclays leicester and i live on the wirral 120 miles away
so still no refund.

i am right fed up with this car at the moment

All of that looks like sloppiness, however your final point about them sending the money to the wrong person is the key issue, all barclays accounts show as Leicester so that is fine, but it sounds like a digit or digits have been entered incorrectly, the issue being did you provide incorrect details or did they input incorrectly, unfortunately as you provided verbally it will be difficult to prove either way. Lexus will have to try to get the payment returned, which could take some time, they may feel they have paid the refund in good faith, so may be reluctant to pay you until they get their money back.

I know exactly how you feel about the car, I had a relatively minor issue with mine when I bought it, and the whole thing really took the shine off the car, and at the time I just wanted to get rid of it, now the issue is resolved I feel better about the car, but the"magic"is still not there, hopefully that will improve with time.

well i have found out who the barclays account belongs to today guess who ?????? yes you got it themselves ,ooh sorry i was told it is human error we are going to put the money back into your account ,i asked for the banking details they ahd and they gave me my sort code and their account number,so 3rd time lucky it should be back in my account tomorrow,its now been escalated to their customer relations team to deal with as i emailed them and now joe the senior advisor wont talk to me or return any calls, i have told them i dont want a pro rata refund but the whole £495 returning due to their incompetance,so next week i will find out if they will give me the a further £186 back i do feel confident that i will receive a full refund in the end.

all the products lexus sells goes through this company ,gap,alloy wheel cover,chips & scratches,service plans,warranties so beware they can be a bugger to deal with at customer service level ,customer relations are different and they listen and understand.

lets face it we have all paid a premium for buying into lexus and you expect to receive a certain standard of customer service,if it where nissan this would be acceptable but we not ,we are lexus and we have higher expectations.

I had a very similar experience when px ing the CT200 for the is300. Was initially told that i could not get a pro rate refund on the warranty as I was paying by direct debit and all they would do is cancel the warranty and stop the dd. I had already payed half the value of the 2 year warranty but only used 6 months worth. After a couple of firm phone calls they agreed to the pro rata refund and advised I would get a cheque in 5 working days. 2 weeks later and still no cheque and was told it hadnt even been requested but promised the refund would be processed the next day. 5 more days and still no cheque, final very firm phone call got me the refund finally after nearly a month and a number of phone calls. Very poor service with useless and quite unhelpful staff

I wonder if roadside assistance is handled by the same company as I called 2 months ago as I haven't received the wife's card for the joint policy. Still nothing - reminds me, I should have a rant down the phone at them tomorrow

here is a link for the warranty group

http://uk.thewarrantygroup.com/auto-dealerships

you can see what they deal with and YES they do breakdown as well.

this company isn't working solely for lexus they deal with the lesser brands as well,

maybe this is why lexus owners feel the service is sub standard.

I wonder if roadside assistance is handled by the same company as I called 2 months ago as I haven't received the wife's card for the joint policy. Still nothing - reminds me, I should have a rant down the phone at them tomorrow

When I got my (used) CT they provided roadside cover for me. I called to add my partner and they issued new cards.....but the expiry date had moved forward three months.....

When I got my (used) CT they provided roadside cover for me. I called to add my partner and they issued new cards.....but the expiry date had moved forward three months.....

Thats weird - hope you shouted down the phone at them!

I paid for mine - £115 for a year as the 3 year cover I got has run out!

wednesday the 26th August the bacs transfer had apparently been processed,and i have just checked with my bank on the 30-August and still no sign of it.i feel i need to buy a pair of size 13's so i can kick their arse good and proper,i have been patient as i've waited for 1 calender month for my refund but have no sign of receiving it yet,i have been told it will be done by chaps on tuesday if it doesn't turn up,chaps has a 2 hour timescale for the money to be transfered so i will know if it goes through quickly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links