Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all had my dpf cleaned not long ago due to driving less @ less now this morning dashboard Lit up again check vsc etc wife was driving anyway knew straight away dpf again went euro car parts bought wynes dpf cleaner and took it on A13 for 15-20 mins could feel slight difference went up to 60mph cane home reset ecu by disconnected Battery and all good for at least for now so decided to sell it its on shpock Gv06zto and will be on autotrader soon had it for 3 yrs now no other problems apart from dpf and calipers which were replaced with new pads/discs and Battery will b buying is250 now

Ah bless him...I always find it best to start reading Iftikhar's posts with a smile as you just know it will test you a little bit. :)

If I may....on Iftikhar's behalf.....and most certainly in a friendly manner....no offence intended to Iftikhar at all.

Hi all, had my dpf cleaned not long ago due to driving less and less now.

This morning dashboard Lit up again check vsc etc. Wife was driving, anyway knew straight away - dpf again. Went to Euro Carparts bought Wynnes dpf cleaner and took it on A13 for 15-20 mins. Could feel a slight difference, went up to 60mph, came home and reset ecu by disconnecting Battery. All good, at least for now, so decided to sell it. It's on shpock (Gv06zto) and will be on autotrader soon. Had it for 3 yrs, no other problems apart from dpf and calipers which were replaced with new pads/discs and Battery. I will be buying is250 now (auto...hopefully).

Hope that helps....I did add the (auto...hopefully) myself.

Hehe, well it is certainly easier to read now.

Was going to do something similar myself, but was worried it might cause offense.

Anyway, is £5500 a good price on this car? I don't mean to question it, but I am curious how it compares to the price of mine.

I wouldn't (well I wouldn't have a diesel anyway) - if you do, you will fail the MoT for sure at some point. As a result of the VW scandal, testing of diesels for the MoT is bound to get more stringent sooner or later. Then the DPF will be expensive to replace.

Not having one when you should is already a MoT fail - people depend on testers not knowing it has been removed - for now. That will change, IMHO.

DPF cleaners should be used twice a year in my opinion. The cost of a decent dpf cleaner is around £12 or if you want real proffesional versions £25 -£35. If you factor the cost you just better off investing in a Toyota Techstream software.

I tend to force regenerate every 12 weeks regardless of the dpf status. It doesn't cost me anything to do so. But helps to keep dpf clear all the time if i do city or motorway driving doesn't matter. I've come to a conclusion with a is220d , decent fuel like shell vpower nitro, clean egr valve twice a year (only cleaned mines over the weekend cost: my time 45mins, and a bottle of carb cleaner £3.50) - Note i also have a 2 year lexus extended warranty but i don't need the dread limp mode in the middle of my journery. I bought lexus warranty for things like Headgasket, Calipers,water pump, electric etc..

iftikhar, if things are done properly to be honest you shouldn't experience issues like you have. considering you spent around £300 to car surgeon couple of months ago for the same problem. These issues are avoidable just need to take correct steps to avoiding them and save ££££ in the long run. Or alternative like you have suggested is get a petrol

Was advised to use dpf cleaner every 2000-3000 miles shouldn't wait for lights to come on any hopefully shouldn't have it for much longer got it up for sale used wynes was quite good at 10.50 from euro car parts thanks for all ur replyes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links