Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uninsured Driver Matter - Update

I posted a while ago about an incident I was involved in where I was hit in the rear by an uninsured driver.

My insurers and their sister legal company were useless and gave misleading advice that lead me into a situation where had I claimed my car would have been written off.

The Police were advised and said they would investigate the matter but I never heard any further from them.

So contrary to the advice from my insurers' sister legal company, who suggested the only option was to make a claim on my insurance, I contacted the Motor Insurers Bureau who were very sympathetic to my cause and invited me to make a personal claim. Having made a claim ,subject to agreeing to testify in court if they are able to find the driver ,I have just received full settlement of my costs to get the car properly repaired.

The moral of this particular story is, question any advice from your insurers and uninsured claims legal advisor's and if you are not satisfied don't be frightened to contact the MIB direct as they do deal with the general public on such matters and are not just there for the benefit of the Motor Insurance industry.

• Like 4

Thats very helpful to know. I have started carrying a disposable camera (dont have a modern phone) just in case so I can photograph the incident and the person. It is quite alarming how many uninsured drivers there are on the road.

Maybe have in-car front and rear cameras too DT?

I don't, (it's the thought of yet another time-stealing learning curve), but know folk who do.

I have fitted front and back cams to my LS and there can be no argument who was in the wrong. Mike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links