Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Advice In Here Was So Useful.... I Bought A Lexus

Thanks guys for all your help. It was so useful that I bought myself a GS450h. Shame I've been a little ill since buying it so haven't had the opportunity to really enjoy it.

post-52814-0-31002700-1444851804_thumb.j

My first impression is that I prefer it to my old Mercedes E350CDI and the fuel consumption is only about 10% down.

Only issue, I'm going to need to update the sat nav maps ... how much is this going to hurt?

Thanks again,

SW

Lexus is about £150 + VAT

I bought from here last week.

http://satnavdiscsale.com/lexus-sat-nav-20-c.asp

£39.99

£150 is affordable.... this has the Mark Levinson upgrade so it is all HDD based so I believe has to be done at the dealer.

You can get an upgrade for the HDD system, on an SD card from the link.

I would certainly echo the "buy a TomTom" advice. For the same price as a Lexus upgrade you can get a device of similar screen size along with a lifetime of map updates.

Also, do the newer Lexus satnavs allow full postcode entry, or is it just the first part followed by having to enter a street name and house number?

As someone who enjoys walking and needs to be finding my way to obscure car parks and laybys, the TomTom's ability to accept Lat / Long is worth it's price alone

• Like 1

I would certainly echo the "buy a TomTom" advice. For the same price as a Lexus upgrade you can get a device of similar screen size along with a lifetime of map updates.

Also, do the newer Lexus satnavs allow full postcode entry, or is it just the first part followed by having to enter a street name and house number?

As someone who enjoys walking and needs to be finding my way to obscure car parks and laybys, the TomTom's ability to accept Lat / Long is worth it's price alone

This already has a 12 inch screen, so rather not have another large screen in the car. Also prefer built in Sat Nav. The maps are only a year out of date so in the spring I think I will pay for the upgrade. This version does full postcode and I think you can enter Lat/long. Only issue is that the voice prompts are not as loud as the ones in Mercedes especially when you are enjoying some nice music.

The voice prompt volume is set independently of audio volume, so you should be able to find a level to suit you.

It seems to go up to 7 ...think I need 11 :) or maybe now I drive a Lexus I should change my music tastes.

• Like 1

a tom tom in a new gs450h....

come on guys.

:eerrrmm:

I've got both. I need the Tom Tom for the times the expensive Mark Levinson system can't cope, which is quite often. £150 v £2700 I think it's a rip off to be honest.

a tom tom in a new gs450h....

come on guys.

:eerrrmm:

I've got both. I need the Tom Tom for the times the expensive Mark Levinson system can't cope, which is quite often. £150 v £2700 I think it's a rip off to be honest.

Reception on the FM radio is crap too.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it some of the Vaistech systems from the States, while not cheap, appear to permit one to use any app from ones mobile phone (Google Maps. TomTom etc. as well as the music apps and calling facilities) on the pre 2012 GS models. The phone screen is mimicked on the Lexus screen and the Lexus controls work the phone. I'd be interested to know if they work on the post 2012 models as well.

Before anyone asks me a question I've yet to buy the car let alone the Vaistech system!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links