Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I have a disc from satnavdiscsale and when I try to use it the screen comes up with "unable to read disc". I'm told I need to reset the sat nav by either disconnecting the Battery or taking out the fuse for 5 minutes and then put in the new disc. Does this sound right? I have 2007 450h.

Pete

This sounds just like the trouble I had. I wonder if your disc came from this outfit:

http://www.satnavdvd.co.uk/2015-lexustoyota-gen35-tns600700-ea1e20-sat-nav-map-update-disc-470-p.asp

I returned my disc but they refused a refund (despite their "full refund no questions asked" guarantee and now have an ongoing claim against Paypal to recover my money.

J

AmbroseJohn

I'm pleased you had no hassle in your 2008 GS450h. Mine is 2007 and passman53 is also a 2007 model I think. I wonder if something changed on 2008 satnav unit.

The supplier you referenced is not same as my supplier but the website design and some of the words are so similar I wonder if they are two faces of the same organisation?

The disc is another £10 from your supplier but for a working disc with no hassle I would pay that. If the two suppliers are the same they will not want to do business with me though.

J

Got mine from here. http://satnavdiscsale.com/lexus-sat-nav-20-c.asp, it works fine. No reboot required.

Yes me too. I actually used the link from your post. I find the fuse and try it.

I would talk to them, you may have a faulty disc.

BTW be wary of cleaning the disc drive with one of those cleaning discs. I've heard the system will not eject them. Someone was asking how to get an audio disk out of the sat nav slot, I would imagine a cleaner disc would present the same problem..

Hi if its says unable to read disc,I would be inclined to say you have the wrong disc or a badly copied one,mine came up with unable to read disc when I tried the wrong disc.

Yes disconnecting the Battery, removing the fuse were the suggestions I followed from the other seller in my 2007 450h.

Disconnecting the Battery didn't work and I also tried pulling the audio fuse in the front passenger box but that didn't work either.

I hope you can get your money back.

J

I bought one of these disc for my gs450h 2007 and had the same message. I disconnected Battery in boot for few minutes then reconnected. Disc loaded software and all is well.

I don't know why you should get the error but the instructions say it can happen and in my case it worked fine in the end.

I now have updated maps 2014/2015 plus ability to type in addresses whilst on the move etc.

Carl

I bought one of these disc for my gs450h 2007 and had the same message. I disconnected battery in boot for few minutes then reconnected. Disc loaded software and all is well.

I don't know why you should get the error but the instructions say it can happen and in my case it worked fine in the end.

I now have updated maps 2014/2015 plus ability to type in addresses whilst on the move etc.

Carl

Thanks for that, I'll try disconnecting the Battery tomorrow and -fingers crossed- all will be well. I'll let you know. Oh I didn't get any instructions, just the disc in a padded envelope.

I hope it works for you.

It may help to have all windows up and roof shut as i think this saves having to reset their five limit switches. Put the front seats into the positions you most want not to lose before disconnection and after reconnection save the settings of your front seats. You can only save one position per seat but at least it better than having to do them all again. I think you will lose all the radio and other audio settings but you may not lose any phone settings. Don't know about satnav destinations and things.

Good luck and do tell us if it works.

J

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links