Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back in early October, I ordered a pair of rear UCAs from Amayama. Well, as expected, they've now turned up at my regional Parcelforce office with a fee to pay.

Guess how much? (The parts cost £340 including delivery.)

£246. That's right. Nearly 75%. So I've had no choice but to pay it, and will now have to complete a form in attempt to claim some of it back (on the basis that this is clearly wrong)!

Seriously not pleased!

I think I told you I had to pay £95.48. Pretty sure this is for the import of the two Rear UCA's.

My bill shows

Customs duty £10.42

Excise Duty £0.00

Import duty £71.56

Other £0.00

Clearance Fee £13.50 (zero rated for VAT purposes)

total £95.48

Hope this helps.

Thanks - does indeed look like a mistake.

Frustratingly, there doesn't seem to be any way of challenging it before paying!

Can you put a picture of the document on with all the nasty figures on? Mike.

Funny how these 'mistakes' always end up overcharging people, never undercharging them. On the face of it, Parcelforce seems to be staffed by people barely knowing what they're doing. They're good at creating unnecessary hassle, I'll say that for them.

Funny how these 'mistakes' always end up overcharging people, never undercharging them. On the face of it, Parcelforce seems to be staffed by people barely knowing what they're doing. They're good at creating unnecessary hassle, I'll say that for them.

They didnt get nicknamed Parcelfarce for nothing. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done. Vat is a big trap too and I ensure this is included and paid for at point of sale.

This catches out many folk. It's not clear on the big auction site or sales sites whether customs and taxes are included.

Big disties like Rock Auto in the US are very good and everything is detailed.

Of course I have no connection with the above, happy customer yes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links