Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx400H Failed Mot On Steering Rack Bushes

Hello guys,

The RX400h has failed its MOT with the following refusal note (2007 RX400h with 69.000 miles)

Steering rack insecure mounting bushes (2.2.B.1a)

The garage says that Lexus does not supply the bushes and only the whole part (steering rack) for £1,900.00.

I found it totally ridiculous to say the least to replace the whole steering rack, just for a bush!?

Has anyone experienced this before?

Can I not find a company that will make me a custom bush? is not easy to replace?

Any advice will be really appeciated.

Cheers

Vasilis

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2007_LEXUS_RX400H_MHU38R-AWXGKW_4505.html

That's the steering rack. But I'd be looking at generic Toyota bushings, particularly for the Harrier. A bit of Googling suggests that the same steering rack is used in MHU38W-AWXGK which is the Toyota Harrier hybrid.

• Like 1

Thank you guys,

I have spoken with the garage by they haven't had a look at the dimensions of the bushes yet. Is there anywhere online that states the correct dimensions?

I have had a company that they are willing to make or try to find a matching bush size for me (http://www.fibet.co.uk/)

• 2 weeks later...

well took the car to another garage to check along with a friend mechanic. Both could not find anything wrong with the car or any movement.

They then took the car to an MOT station where they had the "stress" machine, where it would move the wheels around and see any movement there. And ... nope everything totally solid no slack or movement.

The car has sailed through the MOT the next morning.

It just makes you worried.... seeing that you cannot even trust the first opinion you get on one car even from MOT's

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links