Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Error Codes After I Ran Out Of Gas ! Help

Ono

Bought my 2001 LS 430 with 82000 miles on the clock. Thought I had enough gas when it read that I had 30 miles left in the tanks, when after 2 miles it was empty :(. Walked to the gas station and filled it with 2 gallons. Engine started up fine, but engine light shows up.

Error code P0430 and P0715. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Firstly, you need to talk to Mike (Bluesman) I think he's the expert on LPG.

Secondly, how did you transport gas, under pressure, from the petrol station to your car?

Third, look up the OBD code on YouTube, a feast of knowledge is to be had.

Good luck.

Thank you Steve. Yes I should clarify. I mean petrol. 91 or 94. I looked up the codes before I posted. What I fail to understand is that I had NO engine light on to indicate any issue before I ran out of petrol, then it came on and after plugging in the OBD2 these codes showed up.

Surely a Lexus is not that temperamental or lacking solidity?

Thanks

Yes that is what the codes indicate, but what I do not understand is that they would not show at all. But then when I run out of gas, suddenly have these two showing? IF it is a fluke, I would prefer no to have a whole bunch of expensive stuff done (anyone know if it would be) :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links