Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mp Backbenchers

Fidgits

MP Backbenchers, and incase you dont know who im talking about, these are the people who sit in the house of commons (at the back), and cheer or jeer to 'statments' made by the people who make decsions in this country.

They also wave bits of paper in the air now and again...

So, how much does each of these backbenchers cost us tax payers (bearing in mind there are hundreds of them)...

Well, they each have a salary of 56,000 pounds

But, they also get travel expenses, second home allowances, car allowances, offices paid for..

Which brings the total cost, PER YEAR, to 409,000 pounds each!!!!!!!

Do you think they are worth it??

All MPs are useless. When did we ask for a sports minister, or a culture minister or a minister for children. What next, a minister for board games, a minister for pets, a minister for dating? We voted Kinnock out now Blair has returned the favour and given both Kinnock and his wife a job in the EU plus some out of worker actor from Eastenders, none of whom we voted for.

Just look at Cooke and Short who resigned over the invasion of Iraq. The only reason they did this was because everyone knew the war was a sham so they were protecting their own backsides and hoping to get re-elected by distancing themselves from the lies. They didn't resign in 1998 when Blair and Clinton bombed Iraq for no reason whatsoever and were Christian enough to do it over Christmas so no-one would notice.

As the bloke in the white suit said, you can become an MP and do absolutely nothing for 4 years with a £50,000 expense account.

As for accountability, no one takes any notice of the MP's ombudperson and she's even been gagged. The various select committees are teams of MPs who always decide that other MPs are naughty boys and girls but haven't really done anything wrong and it's the system at fault.

Nobody votes for their local MP, just the party leader. It's all just jobs for the boys. Take the daft 'Women only short list' for example. Surely, we should get the best person for the job, not the person that would benefit the most from the job.

You only need two terms to get the full pension. If Tony Blair retired today, he'd get over £81,000 pa in pension. Recently, our taxes filled in the £25m black hole in MPs pensions despite people protesting that they're pensions are now worthless and having to work past retirement.

Government administration accounts for 11% of tax revenue.

All public services are worse under Blair.

All taxes have increased and now they're planning to tax drivers to pay for crime victims:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/corrigan/corrigan45.html

So this is the war criminals telling us to cough up for a crime we haven't even committed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :o :unsure::crying::crying::angry:

Couple of quips i've seen recently though can't recall where ..

Might have been here... Anyway...

A persons desire to become an MP ...

should be sufficient grounds for them to be prevented from ever doing so.

How can MP's believe in the wisdom of the people ...

knowing that it was those same people who voted them into office ?

:duh:

Bunch of worthless toadying crooks the lot of them :angry:

Sort of related I've been looking at statistics on Reading for something and found a list of the top employers. Companies like Microsoft, Oracle (who have their Europe HQ in Reading), Thames Water etc each have about 1000 employees. Reading Borough Council have 5500!! :o Think I've just worked out where my council tax is going.

Reading Borough Council have 5500!! :o Think I've just worked out where my council tax is going.

I work in local government..............

Everyday something happens which surprises me

One of the worst peforming London boroughs is employing a temp as the head of IT for revenues..........(2 1/2 years).............Paying £500 per day..........so why have they not advertised it :ph34r: over 100k a year for one guy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links