Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gran Tourismo 3

Hi all

Ok so January is always tough on the money front. I'm now in a new house aswell so it makes matters worse !

I have GT3 on my PS2 and have had it for a while (can't wait for GT4.....but that's now been put back again till July time).

I like quick racing and fast, so I completed all the Arcade levels - got to watch the nice movie at the end and so now feeling a bit bored.

In my now numerous nights at home I decided to pick up on a game that I started a while ago (the actual Gran Tourismo mode). Got myself a Beetle, and have tuned it up a fair bit (NA Tuning Stage 2....savign up for stage 3) and have a couple of other crap cars like Celica, Yaris and something else I can't remember (that I've won).

I've done a fair few races (now 29% complete already....seems quite high!)....and was wondering what people's suggestions are on how to progress further?

I'm quite looking forward to doing well, and so wanted to see all your thoughts etc.

Any advice gratefully received.

Oh, and nothing silly like "go and win some races" he he

Thanks all

A skint Tony

I tell you what the problem is.......I have no car!

My Lexus is in the garage getting fixed, so I have a C-Class. My Cosworth is gone, and plans for the Caterham or Cerbera are on the back burner. Long story short, I've nothing to do with my nights now....no cleaning, tuning, fixing, playing. I'm working harder (at work I mean) because of it....it's not right!!!

I do have many hobbies, which I keep up with (in a band, for example), so don't get mr wrong - I'm not a total recluse!

Come on guys.....you've all played GT3, who's gonna stand up and be counted and say "My name is XXXXXXX, and I play GT3"

!?!?

I started with a Yaris - as this gives you entry to a lot of the initial races.

tune that as little as you need to in order to win all the races that the Yaris qualifies for (been a while - but don't think I even took it to stage 2)

by the time you have exhausted the Yaris, you should have won enough cars / money to pick up something else.

If memory serves correct - a tarted up MX5 came next.

Best advice - get into the rallying as quickly as possibly - that rocks.

ah, top man - thanks Matt!!

I have a Yaris as it goes (think I won it somewhere) so I'll mildly tune that and take it from there. MX5 seems logical

As for the Rallying - I love it!! On the arcade I just kept beating the Expert level by miles so got bored of it (I do love rallying !). Can't wait to race on it properly though :)

Thanks for the advice my good man

Tony,

Its been a while, but if memory serves me correctly.

Best way is to do the licenses first.

Then just play a tournament/race that you can win reasonably easily over and over again, until you can afford to buy a decent car, then just do that again if you need a mod for it before you can win any races you get stuck on..

New you'd be along matey :)

Thansk for that!

Here - can anyone answer me a question......when you do a race series, do you have to win all the races first time to get a car? I won a series last night (1st in all races, but had a couple of attempts at a couple of them) and didn't get a car!!!! GRrrrrrr

Here - can anyone answer me a question......when you do a race series, do you have to win all the races first time to get a car? I won a series last night (1st in all races, but had a couple of attempts at a couple of them) and didn't get a car!!!! GRrrrrrr

???

pretty certain you just have to win the series.

are you sure you won the whole series?

Yeah, positive. It annoyed me because I was banking on winning a car!

I thought maybe it was because I didn't win them first time. Actually.....I didn't get cash for winning the series either.

Oh.....now I remember. You know you have the list of races in a series, and it has a gold cup for each one you have won? Well, it had gold cups in each of the races, and then on the far left where it had the "series entry" option, that was blank (i.e. no result). I didn't enter the series, just did all the races individually (cos I wanted to tune and stuff inbetween them)

Does that have an affect ?!

Oh.....now I remember. You know you have the list of races in a series, and it has a gold cup for each one you have won? Well, it had gold cups in each of the races, and then on the far left where it had the "series entry" option, that was blank (i.e. no result). I didn't enter the series, just did all the races individually (cos I wanted to tune and stuff inbetween them)

Does that have an affect ?!

so you haven't won the series then!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

you need to enter the series, where you race all N competitions - and win the series (not necessarily each race, just get the most points).

However - you have done it the right way.

Win all the races to get the indivdial gold money.

The the series (try and win the races) so you get the gold money, then the car.

You can win twice the amount of cash that way :winky:

oh I see what you mean!

So you can't do stuff in the middle of entering the series ?? Like buy and sell cars or parts ?

The reason I'm confused though is because I thought I'd done it that way before, AND won the car. Perhaps I didn't though - this is all only from memory!!!

Cheers guys, you just helped me alot!

wait till you start doing the 250 lap ones - 4am is guaranteed.

Going way off topic here :offtopic:

I remember in my far younger days (remember I'm only 23, now!) when Doom and Doom II on the PC were released. The internet was still very young, and PC specs nothing like they are now.

A mate of mine used to have a basement (all nicely done up)that was set up with about 8 machines in a network (his dad was in computers). We used to go round his house after school on a Friday, go into the basement, and come out again sunday night with hang overs, caffeine addictions, and too many empty "Tesco 10 Jam Donut" bags.

We played via the internet (9600 connections baby yeah!), networked, and had a bloody great time !

Oh.....good memories.

wicked game that.

GT4 is penciled in for April I thought, see here, its on page 2.

I shall be getting it for £15!! ha ha ha ha B)

If you part complete GT Concept, you get something like £10m or similar to buy loads of cars in GT3. After I did this though, the excitement went and I haven't played it since!

The MX5 with mods is a very nice car to drive. I then went to an EVO and was well dissapointed as it understeered like mad!! Had got used to nice tale slides etc.

dont forget to turn traction off makes it even better.i had my gt3 for a year and a half before i discoverd it.when u get enough cash banked buy ur self a tezza and tune it great car for drifting.then try get the tezza race car u be playing it to 4 the next eve.btw u can put dirt raceing tyres on most cars road cars and hammer it round the dirt tracks.hope this makes it bit better.

Cheers guys!

Was gonna play it all night yesterday, then yesterday afternoon my dad rang and invited me round my parents for dinner (as my mum was out last night).....so got back too late to start :(

Still.....after a trip to Tescos tonight, it's GT3 all night for me. What a way to relax :) :) :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links