Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS Sport differences and CT200h differences

I'm mulling over an upgrade,

Has anyone tried a Sport yet?  Are the wheels different front and back in terms of width and being 18 inch how does it ride and handle compared to 17 inch wheels. I don't think it has the same suspension as an FSport but reading the specs on Lexus website is not always accurate.

One last thing I'm interested to read the opinions from anyone who has gone from a CT to an IS

Thanks

I recently went from a CT advance (pre facelift model) to an IS advance. Before the CT, I had a Honda Accord 2.4 auto estate. The IS is the car I should have bought instead of the CT. The CT and IS are very different cars. I have never had a rear wheel drive saloon before but the IS is the best car I have had and is more like the accord.

The IS looks stunning, drives well, is well equipped and quiet. I am getting low 40s mpg but on longer runs currently 50 mpg. Which is about 10 mpg less than the CT but 20 mpg better than the accord and the car tax is £10 not £450.

Things I miss about the CT. Rear was wipe, the sat nav which was a TomTom in my advance model.

The IS satnav is okay to use but it is a bit slow to tell you of hold ups and she is very posh.

On the whole I do not regret changing from the CT to the IS. It's in a different league to the CT.

As for the sport model. Don't know much about it. I think it is cosmetic changes rather than an f sport. But then I never got the point of the f sport anyway. I want comfort and luxury over speed and the standard IS is fast enough for me.

Have a test drive in an IS but be prepared to want one after you do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PWOOD said:

I'm mulling over an upgrade,

Has anyone tried a Sport yet?  Are the wheels different front and back in terms of width and being 18 inch how does it ride and handle compared to 17 inch wheels. I don't think it has the same suspension as an FSport but reading the specs on Lexus website is not always accurate.

One last thing I'm interested to read the opinions from anyone who has gone from a CT to an IS

Thanks

Wheels are different yes - 225/40 r18 on front and 255/35 r18 on the rear - same as Premier and F-Sport models.

The IS F-Sport rides better than a CT advance and therefore you can imagine that the Sport rides better than all CT variants

There is no suspension change between Sport, Luxury and Premier. Only the F-Sport gets stiffer suspension.

If you are set on the IS300h Sport, may I recommend Broadspeed? They've got £4419 off list price so you can get one for £25775 + paint

Having said that - I should mention that there is a new model coming out later this year/early next year called the UX250 and UX250h. Its a small SUV based on the CT

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  Interesting to note 10 mpg drop, is that more so on the motorway?  I know driving one will be good and  want factor will go up so deciding on the finances first beforehand.   My CT Advance is a 2014 and has the newer SAT NAV that's in your IS which I use very little for directions and when I do, find its annoying to operate.  I agree with you on the posh voice.  

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Wheels are different yes - 225/40 r18 on front and 255/35 r18 on the rear - same as Premier and F-Sport models.

The IS F-Sport rides better than a CT advance and therefore you can imagine that the Sport rides better than all CT variants

There is no suspension change between Sport, Luxury and Premier. Only the F-Sport gets stiffer suspension.

If you are set on the IS300h Sport, may I recommend Broadspeed? They've got £4419 off list price so you can get one for £25775 + paint

I would rather the tyres were the same width so I can swap them about to increase mileage however; having just though about it that probably works better on fwd anyway.

I don't mind the ride on my 2014  CT but did find  the 2014 CT F Sport annoying so your comment is good to know as I did wonder about those 35" rubber bands.  

9 minutes ago, PWOOD said:

I would rather the tyres were the same width so I can swap them about to increase mileage however; having just though about it that probably works better on fwd anyway.

I don't mind the ride on my 2014  CT but did find  the 2014 CT F Sport annoying so your comment is good to know as I did wonder about those 35" rubber bands.  

You shouldn't really be rotating tyres anyway - not good practice as confirmed by manufacturers and tyre fitters themselves.

I found the CT advance annoying lol, but I dont find my RX and IS F-Sport's annoying so that explains it all.

Not sure how much more life you'd want to get out of the tyres anyway though - the OEM bridgestones on the IS have had 11k miles on them from new and they're still on 5.5mm rear :P Fronts are at 6.3mm :)

I have only covered just over 10k in two years so no real issue if that is your findings.  I had a Honda CRZ before the Lexus so we are miles apart although did try a few other makes.  Have you seen the 5th Gear IS F Sport review Jason Plato seems to get the point of the car well...I was really surprised the video wasnt the usual Lexus hate job 

Hi Paul

i also have moved from the ct to an IS i have the luxury model at the moment i am

returning 46.7mpg and during the warmer weather i get 52'ish mpg so for me

its only about 6mpg less than the ct its 6mpg worth losing,the IS

is quicker ,quieter and  smoother and pairing your phone is easy then transfer your phonebook in 1

what more can you ask for,i am on 17" all round and the tyres cost less

for the IS compared to the CT must be a more everyday size .

so to sum up pick up your wallet have a test drive then buy one before leaving the dealership.

• Like 1

I now have both a 2013 IS300h Lux with Premium Nav and a 2016 CT200h Adv with Regular Nav in the household. Obviously I'm now getting familiar with the CT having long had an IS rather than the other way around, and the Premium versus Regular Nav is a significant difference, but anyway...

It's all a matter of opinion, but a few things I prefer about the CT:

- the interior buttons (greater differentiation between rear demister and AC button, for example);

- the cup holders (further forward, so better at least for driver/front passenger);

- side mirrors (you can flick them to come back out when you turn the car on - you can't on the IS); and

- basic Nav (I marginally prefer the look). 

I have to say I find the ride excellent - I suspect it has been greatly improved at time of facelift.

A few things I prefer about the IS:

- the drive (rear wheel of course);

- the interior styling (no plastics here thanks, and the analogue clock is classy);

- back storage (this is very limited for rear passengers in the CT);

- boot (not just bigger, but you don't hear the contents while in the front!);

- Premium features of the Nav (I do use the Connected Services and am not afraid to admit I miss the reverse camera innthenCT too);

- exterior styling (CT looks like pretty much any other hatchback; the IS is outstanding - for me, anyway). 

They are different cars but I have to say they both do everything well that Lexus does well. I very much like them both. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed reply Ian. I test drove an IS Sport this afternoon and agree with the comparisons you made on the centre console layout although the arm rest for me is better placed in the IS. The gear selector feels nice but CT one is faster to use but I'll get used to it. The ride on the huge wheels was impressive given the terrible roads. suffice to say I ordered one.

Thanks for all the replies folks. 

Thanks for the detailed reply Ian. I test drove an IS Sport this afternoon and agree with the comparisons you made on the centre console layout although the arm rest for me is better placed in the IS. The gear selector feels nice but CT one is faster to use but I'll get used to it. The ride on the huge wheels was impressive given the terrible roads. suffice to say I ordered one.

Thanks for all the replies folks. 

Great news, don't forget the pics!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links