Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

premium sat nav

i used the sat nav for the first time today and the graphics looked like they where designed by leapfrog or vtech

i couldn't enter the postcode as it didn't give me the correct choice of numbers to choose from (address not a new build)

my journey took me to Northwich i was prompted to turn right & follow the signs for Norwich on a few occasions

the nav wouldn't take me on a motorway either ,an A road was always choosen for me.

very very dissapointed considering this is the premium nav version.

The sat Nav is functional, but the interface is very very dated. Compared to other interfaces it's like something from the dial up modem/Netscape time frame.

Never had an issue with the nav. Postcode is on 2nd page after selecting destination and there are multiple setting for which route to take I. E short, quickest and most economical. You can even remove roads such as toll roads and motorways 

All depends on your settings 

• Like 1

i am using this as an example AB1 2CD (made up postcode)

AB1 could be entered but the 2 was greyed out and not available for use

i had to enter the area northwich,street name

i sorted out the road types ,i just couldn't do it whilst driving.

37 minutes ago, 200h said:

I'm sure there's a priority motorway setting as well. 

Something worth remembering is that standard postcode is 7 digits so would be AB12 3CD. Therefore you would be able to put this in completely without using space.

With 6 digit postcodes you have to put a space.  So it'll go like this - AB1 SPACE 2CD. That wold explain why the 2 was greyed out if you didn't put a space in 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 200h said:

The acutal navigation software is very good. I find it easier to follow and more accurate than the CIC Nav I had in my old BMW. 

Its just a shame Lexus haven't put more effort into the user interface and given options to change road colours etc...

i find the satnav and mouse controller the weakest spot of the car by far. I just dont understand how a system like that gets into any lexus. the grapics looks a generation - or two -  old. the mouse controller is just horrible ( i use my Iphone in looking up tel numbers much faster) and the navigation itself is not always reliable. step into any Audi, BMW or Merc and you will see there is a lot of catch up to do.  

thanks ray

i never thought of the postcode having to be 7 digits in length

i just tried entering the digits i had.

will give it a try

1 hour ago, 200h said:

just tried it with a space after the 1st number and it worked a treat

Yes I thought so - I fell into that trap when I got my RX in 2012. Put in a Birmingham postcode without the space and ended up somewhere else LMAO!

I rarely use the address and town - I just plug in the Postcode now (correctly, I should add!) and it works every time :)

My RX doesn't have the same features as the IS in that it gives you that sidebar on the motorway with all the exits which is quite useful IMO.

The new RX system is very good BTW - I checked it whilst at the dealer nosing around. Its very quick and the display is pin sharp which actually makes the graphics look decent.

The LC is coming with the new system so it will be interesting to see how that is!

i find the satnav and mouse controller the weakest spot of the car by far

I adjusted the sensitivity and imho it works much better now.

I always find it strange that drivers say a mouse is not as good as a jog wheel yet we all use a mouse to operate a computer and have done since the invention of the home computer. I am using one now and wouldn't want a jog wheel.  I had a play with a friends BMW and wasn't overly impressed either way.

Ed:wink3:

55 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I think most of the bad reviews are from not adjusting sensitivity to their liking. Also most people use a mouse in their right hand so it feels strange to use the Lexus controller in the left hand.

thats probably why the controller feels quiet sensitive to use

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links