Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good stuff!  I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my old 93 LS, the first Lexus I had, just passed it's MOT with no advisories, 23 years old.  You wouldn't get that from too many makes of car.

• Like 2

I was told at mot station that half the stuff can't be seen or got at because of all the covers over them, but he told me this is all going to change in the near future so looks like are mot will cost a great deal more. Has anybody else heard this. 

They issue MOT garages with possible new changes to come in  the next year but very few actually happen. There is obviously a dept that comes up with all this nonsense and nothing ever happens but civil servants can never be laid off so this dept keeps churning out crap to try and justify their huge salaries. You pay your taxes and they waste it.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

Congratulations on MOT.

I also have seen on my MOT comments on Dvla website that cover on and could not be checked.

Let's hope your right bluesman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My info comes from the village garage that has serviced mine and the families cars for years. He showed me some years ago the sort of thing they get from the DVLA and none of it came to fruition.

No way they will allow the testers to remove panels, guards etc, if only because of the certainty of sheared bolts and the like, which they would be liable for.

2 hours ago, mikeyv said:

No way they will allow the testers to remove panels, guards etc, if only because of the certainty of sheared bolts and the like, which they would be liable for.

Dont forget these faceless people know nothing really about cars. They are there because they have mates in high places.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links