Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to buy an IS-F

I did similar when I picked mine up; got some hideous quotes but chose to pay the £85 (inc £25 amendment fee) to change the car on my currently policy.

I'm with Hastings, in central Edinburgh postcode, doing 15k a year with 1k business, both my wife and I on the same terms, locked garage, declared the exhaust as a performance mod rather than aesthetic. 38yrs old with 9yrs NCB

Total premium £340 pa. :biggrin:

Just need to get used to the sensitive accelerator pedal, only have to touch it at junctions and the beast wants to surge forward. 

Ordered the private reg V1 SFV for it yesterday too and have had some custom plates made up. 

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-05-56.png

• Like 1

Looking good Tom. :thumbup:

What did you drive before the F? It can take a while to adapt to something with this much power going through the rear wheels! :wink3:

I actually find my car behaves incredibly well in the wet compared to when I had my 550hp Supra.

The wider tires on mine help though. :cool:

Glad you got it home safe, and have already started the modifications! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Is the car in sports mode? I've found that the throttle has a dead spot in regular mode but it's far too sensitive and twitchy in sports. I guess that's why the Apexi throttle controller is so popular. 

I drove a Giulietta QV before this, same engine and transmission as the Alfa 4C so was pretty quick but nothing on the Lexus. 

Only other RWD car I've owned was a Sapphire Cosworth but that was back in 2007.

What alters on the car when you stick it in sports mode? 

39 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Love the plate!!!

It had to be done! Was gonna get a cheaper one with my initials but I think this one would look awesome on it. 

Sweet! :thumbup:

Here's hoping the boys in blue don't take too much interest in them! Lol.

As others have said, don't think many would be that bothered, but you may get the odd jobs worth who has nothing better to do! :frusty:

Now hurry up and get those bad boys fitted on the car! :smile:

Just waiting for the documents to come from the dvla and then I can get the registration assigned to it...could take a few weeks so I've been told.

Need to ring up today and get my insurance changed over as the Lexus 3 day one will run out Saturday, I bet they will charge another administration fee in a few weeks when I change the registration on the policy too.

A bit OCD but looks like they have put the S on the plate dead centre meaning the left edge has a bigger gap to the V than the right side because of the differences in width of the 1 and F. 

Looks good, think the spacing is an optical illusion, think it's right from top left of I and the top right of F, illusion is there is more to the F than the I.....if that makes sence 😳......Lexus insurance was ridiculous on mine too, I pay £268 with 12k millage, done 3k this year, but not worth the premium change for less miles, I'm also old 44 now 😏 Like Pete said, should be ok, only a jobs worth, mine has been misplaced for 17yrs, ghosting too, never had an issue, mot too, only advised. 

Good luck, be careful with the sport button, seems to flick a switch in the head too. Lots more responsive, lots more fun, paddles in the lanes also makes for a more enjoyable drive. 

👍

1 minute ago, gumball3000 said:

A small asian man.

Lol, a small Asian man who was a complete spanner! :wallbash:

They moved it on the later models to the steering wheel buttons.

I'd move it if I could, but the work involved is more involving than you can imagine! :wink3:

• Like 1

the plates look great, but i feel you may have some police interest, not only the spacing but i believe that all plates must now show a post code of either the dealership of were the car was purchased from or the company who produced the plates.

Plates look good, think the postcode part is to prove the legality, spacing, height and print to dvla rules, ones without are "show plates" but as long as the height and print are legal, most/normal police don't seem to bother, it's mainly the ANPR reader that will flag up if it can't be read, old prefix plates n modern plates are spaced different, so it proves the ANPR reader can read the change in spacing, it's really just down to the officer, 

im sure your be fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links