Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential New Owner (take 2)

Dear all, 

some you may remember me from the start of the year, I was due to pick up the low mileage 09 grey car from Woodford in February when a couple of days pre collection we were broken into and burgled to include our S3 and many personal possessions.

At the time I couldn't think about cars and decided to pull out of the purchase (Alex Kennedy at Woodford Lexus was fantastic) although we have spent some money on beefing up security and got back to normal now and I would still very much like an ISF!

Budget wise, max looking to spend would be 23/24 k. Although happy to just find a nice car so if there's a nice example for 19/20 I'd consider it, although may prefer to fry to get a later model.. Any views on the below? Particularly interested to see if

1- anyone has been near to doing a deal and wouldn't mind saying what sort of discount was available

2- has anyone seen the cars in person and could vouch for condition etc.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604213182062?onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&radius=1500&postcode=wa143bq&sort=pricedesc&searchcontext=default&page=1&search-target=usedcars&make=lexus&model=is_f&logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201605103787150?onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&radius=1500&postcode=wa143bq&sort=pricedesc&searchcontext=default&page=1&search-target=usedcars&make=lexus&model=is_f&logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602201209124?sort=pricedesc&page=1&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&postcode=wa143bq&radius=1500&search-target=usedcars&make=lexus&model=is_f&logcode=p

As as an aside there was a white 58 plate in Lymm services this evening, anyone on here?

cheers

rich

Haven't seen them so don't know their condition. 

However, the grey one looks very nice and the number plate looks somewhat familiar. Haven't seen many facelift IS-F's in that colour TBH

Glad to see you are still in the hunt for an IS-F after all the difficulties chap. :thumbsup:

Hope you track down the right one soon.

Be nice to have another new owner join the ranks. Seems like we have picked up a few new faces recently, which is brilliant! :yahoo:

Best of luck mate.

Funny as I have my eye on all three of these cars also

I am waiting for Matt to call me back regarding the 2011 car as I do quite fancy that one, also been speaking with the chaps at Bristol regarding the 09 silver car

in terms of value I think the 2011 car looks best as I suspect if that was at a Lexus dealers it would be a few grand more, however I have a feeling the 2011 car is due a big service, plus putting a 2 year warranty on the car is about the difference in what you would pay from a Lexus dealer, however I think due to the low miles the 2011 car will hold its value and could possibly even get a few years of depreciation proof motoring out of it

Looks like a few of us have been looking at the same cars over the past few weeks as I also enquired about the grey 2011 one in Exeter and the silver 2009 one at Lexus Bristol before settling on mine. 

Think the 2011 one was due a big service and the Lexus extended warranty ran out in August. 

Looking like a trip to Bristol this weekend tbh!!

the in laws are down there anyhow. Wonder what I could get off / thrown in with the 2011 silver car there..

If no joy could always head down to Exeter lol!

• Like 1

Well the Exeter car is missing it's 10k Nile service, well it wasn't carried out by Lexus as they have no record of it until it's 2nd service, the seller also said it was just serviced by Lexus and the next one isnt due until next year, Lexus records show it was last serviced last year and it's due around now according to the records.

seller also said it's had new brakes last year at Lexus, again Lexus have no record of doing this even though the seller tells me Lexus did it.

think I will give it a miss as the seller is clearly being economical with the truth and probably the reason it's as cheap as it is

Also the exter car I was told a few weeks ago that it had warranty until August, again Lexus told me the car hasn't recently had a warranty on it

44 minutes ago, rds1985 said:

Looking like a trip to Bristol this weekend tbh!!

the in laws are down there anyhow. Wonder what I could get off / thrown in with the 2011 silver car there..

If no joy could always head down to Exeter lol!

When I wanted t buy the low mileage Woodford car they offered a free service, and a 2 year warranty to run after the 1 year approved used Lexus warranty expired so in total 3 year warranty, you may be able to negotiate a small amount from the sticker price at Bristol but I doubt much more than 500 quid, but good luck if you can get more

Sounds like it could be one to give a miss tbh. I'd rather have an older car that's spot on history wise etc.

sounds like it'll be a £25k spend by the time it's spic and span and still will never have service history...

Lexus will put a warranty on it after a service and inspection, that would put my mind at rest, but it gonna be difficult to move on even with a Lexus approval as most people would be put of with a missing service, especially the first one

FWIW - when I bought my first ISF, it turned out to have missed is first 10000 mile service. Dealer said not to worry, everything will be fine warranty wise.

I contacted Lexus and they said the same - everything would still be covered APART from engine. Car was returned, and got my money back (after several week of discussions and use of the car).

• 2 weeks later...

on the warranty I got mine from a trader, not lexus dealer, and it had lexus extended warranty. Lexus refused to transfer warranty to me citing car wasnt sold cia their dealer. I didn't need to claim in it so didn't argue and its since expired. But id have gone to ombudsman if id needed too as that is sharp practice after all they had the premium and didn't offer me or orevious owner a refund.

not sure if still the case but beware one of the Lexus warranty doesn't include the ICE which is expensive if broken.

my isf is now 75k up from44k when I purchased it three years ago.

fab car.

• Like 1

The T&Cs may have changed as Lexus now use a different underwriter for the warranty but the current one allows pro-rata refunds if you wish to cancel the policy, provided you haven't made a claim. It also allows transfer to a new keeper of the vehicle for an admin fee of £25, essentially as a private sale. You cannot transfer to a trader so Lexus were correct. The previous owner should have terminated the warranty and received a refund.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links