Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all,been lurking for a while now and have learned many things about my ls400 within the past year.

just been for test on thursday and pleased to report that she flew through with only an advisory for a slight leak of exhaust gas at the front.

i have a 96 ls 400 in cashmere beige metalic with 150000 miles on her and have just completed the following.

engine oil drain plus filter, air filter and pollen filter, gearbox drain plus filter, complete ignition refresh plugs, coils, leads, dizzy caps and rotors.

new discs and pads front and rear, coolant temp sensor renewed, diff oil replaced and coolant flush.

got her booked in with performance exhausts in newcastle next thursday for the cat flanges to be renewed plus some new pipe up to the y section costing £200, will report back when she is done.

best regards

simon

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

It looks like the Y pipe problem is an average £200.00 fix with another member paying the same in the northwest area, mine has recently developed a slight roar so I'll see what my local garage will charge me. For now it actually sounds like  V8.

You seem to have covered all the bases with your maintainance to date, I assume the cambelt is OK for now?

Feel free to post some pictures up.

Hi Steve and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch so please dont hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they dont go wrong that often.

I notice you live up north so not much use to you but I paid £45 to have my Y section repaired by a great outfit in Brighton.

We always love to see pictures of your cars so don't be shy.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike. Bluesman.

cheers gents,

Steve the cambelt was done at 119k with receipts to prove it and it came with lexus service history upto 123k.

i have had the car for just over a year now and love it although it is still in need of a few tweaks suspension needs to be sorted.

she has a few car park dings to the front and some bar steward keyed the passenger rear door and panel but for the time being i can live with that.

will post pics soon as im at work atm.

Welcome to the LOC.  It's a great place to be.  I'm in Washington,  where abouts are you.  Mine passed its test as well  on Friday so 13 months of hassle free motoring.

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

It looks like the Y pipe problem is an average £200.00 fix with another member paying the same in the northwest area, mine has recently developed a slight roar so I'll see what my local garage will charge me. For now it actually sounds like  V8.

Referred to the thread on the Y pipe and flanges and a Powerflow local to me has agreed to do it September, for same price so no trip to Morecambe. Can't wait to have a silent Car until I've added those 5Zigen Fireball Mega Exhausts at $1150 a pair plus carriage.  I wish !!

Car looks nice and I love the colour which was what influenced my purchase.  Wheels look nice but you do need to get a set of Clear indicators for the front imo.

...  looks good there, I eventually removed my lower front black valance to the bumper, it just scrapes everything and gets very dog eared even when renewed, it's just toooooo low.

Looks a nice car, well done. I'm sure you could have many many years of brilliant inexpensive quality motoring.

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links