Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi All

Im thinking of swapping my IS250 for a GS250, and just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. What can i expect for real word fuel economy?

2. How much bigger is the GS on internal space? One of my main reasons for swapping is growing kids mean the rear of the IS is getting a bit tight.

3. Any common issues\faults to look out for?

The car Ive seen is a 13 plate Luxury with 19k miles and is an approved used Lexus from a dealer..

thanks in advance

57 minutes ago, Jamesf1 said:

Hi All

Im thinking of swapping my IS250 for a GS250, and just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. What can i expect for real word fuel economy?

2. How much bigger is the GS on internal space? One of my main reasons for swapping is growing kids mean the rear of the IS is getting a bit tight.

3. Any common issues\faults to look out for?

The car Ive seen is a 13 plate Luxury with 19k miles and is an approved used Lexus from a dealer..

thanks in advance

1) real world fuel economy will be around 18-20mpg in town and 30-35mpg on the motorway.

2) The GS is much bigger than the IS inside. The rear leg room is great.

3) Nope - these have been bulletproof.

Have you considered a 3rd Gen IS250/300H, they have much more space than the IS you have and honestly, there's not much more space in the back of the GS than there is in the new IS?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rayaans said:

1) real world fuel economy will be around 18-20mpg in town and 30-35mpg on the motorway.

2) The GS is much bigger than the IS inside. The rear leg room is great.

3) Nope - these have been bulletproof.

Have you considered a 3rd Gen IS250/300H, they have much more space than the IS you have and honestly, there's not much more space in the back of the GS than there is in the new IS?

I am also thinking of the IS300h, sat in one a couple of weeks ago in the dealership when picking the 250 up from its service. I was suprised at the room - with the drivers seat set for me I could sit behind at a squeeze, whereas currently I cannot even get in behind the drivers seat. Plus the hybrid would save me quite a few £££ on tax and fuel. But a GS is tempting just from the additional "step up" factor......

10 hours ago, Jamesf1 said:

I am also thinking of the IS300h, sat in one a couple of weeks ago in the dealership when picking the 250 up from its service. I was suprised at the room - with the drivers seat set for me I could sit behind at a squeeze, whereas currently I cannot even get in behind the drivers seat. Plus the hybrid would save me quite a few £££ on tax and fuel. But a GS is tempting just from the additional "step up" factor......

The only issue with the GS really is its size. Its massive! Becomes a pain whereas the IS size seems to be more suitable for UK roads.

Thanks for the continued input guys. Size doesn't worry me at all - I used to run previous gen Mondeo and that's a big car. I'm going to view the GS and an Is300h on Saturday. Only problem is someone is viewing the GS before me so maybe sold by the time I get there.....

So fate was on my side as Gs was not sold and I bought it. Bigger all round inside although Is not bad. Loved the drive and toys can't wait to pick it up :-) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jamesf1 said:

So fate was on my side as Gs was not sold and I bought it. Bigger all round inside although Is not bad. Loved the drive and toys can't wait to pick it up :-) 

Pleased to hear it James.

Enjoy what will be the best car you have ever had, with the best drive you have ever had, in the fastest car you need.

Just watch the fuel gauge closely as sometimes it can be faster than the clock !!

Regards

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Picked the car up on Saturday and loving it. So much smoother, and more refined than the IS, extra room and toys a big bonus too. Put your foot down and you get a more pronounced v6 roar as well, despite the additional refinement under normal driving. You notice the extra weight though, as its more likely to change down a gear for hills etc. So far averaged 28 MPG but more mway driving than Id normally do. 

The IS was a good car for me, hope it goes to a good home...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links