Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted to ask about HUD and panoramic cameras

Hello.

I Was interested to get the information on the head-up display in the RX. Is it just on the Premier model, and is it worth having it?

I also wanted to know what are people think about the panoramic parking cameras, and is that worth having as well as blindspot sensors ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Jason, you get the HUD as standard on the Premier ; it is a cost option on every other variant. I chose not to have it when specing my new RX recently. Personally i felt it is a gizmo I could well do without, espicially given it was about one grand.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ISJason said:

Hello.

I Was interested to get the information on the head-up display in the RX. Is it just on the Premier model, and is it worth having it?

I also wanted to know what are people think about the panoramic parking cameras, and is that worth having as well as blindspot sensors ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep certainly worth having. Keeps you aware of your speed especially in the RX.  Also has navigation instructions, music info etc. 

With the new one it even provides adaptive cruise control info.

Panoramic cameras aren't that important really. You can see behind with the reversing camera anyway and hopefully you can see forwards too.

Parking sensors all round help a lot 

• Like 1

I drove an F-Sport with HUD and thought that it was well worth having as in built up areas you don't have to take your eyes off the road.  What I particularly liked over the HUD available in other vehicles is that Lexus use a bold green light instead of the more usual reddish-orange lasers and it stands out very well.  I thought that it was standard in the F-Sport as well as the Premium from 2012 onwards as suggested by the equipment list in the sticky thread on specifications.

• Like 1

HUD and panoramic views  are both well worth having. You will understand how much so, if you use them for a month and then own a vehicle without them.

the blindspot sensors not much so in my view. the ones in the GS I had were not that accurate and I do not miss them

The sticky thread is only for 2009-2015 vehicles. The new model has different specs. 

The hud is definitely worth it but the panoramic view is a bit of a gimmick really and tbh you'll end up becoming unaware of your surroundings and rely on it after a while

It's like those idiots on the motorway who are totally unaware of what's going on either side of them when they change lanes inappropriately etc

• Like 1

I think both are worth having. The HUD is brilliant in the sense that all essential information is always in your field of vision.

I like the panoramic view: yes parking sensors are good, but I find the pano view helps when reversing into a space in a car park. When parallel parking, you can also see how far you are from the kerb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanD said:

I think both are worth having. The HUD is brilliant in the sense that all essential information is always in your field of vision.

I like the panoramic view: yes parking sensors are good, but I find the pano view helps when reversing into a space in a car park. When parallel parking, you can also see how far you are from the kerb

I'm not so sure. You can see the kerb in the mirror anyway as it dips. 

And of course the reversing camera is more useful for reversing into spaces. Shouldn't really do it but it's so accurate I just don't look behind or on each side anymore

I couldn't do without the reversing camera in the GS now tbh.  One of the things that has swayed me towards the F-Sport is that it has both the HUD as standard plus lateral dampers for better body control.  It would have been nice if both those things had been standard across the RX range. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links