Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New respect for the F!

I went to a private test facility today, which looked a lot like a deserted roundabout, to push the limits of the handling. 

First I tried sport mode and was very impressed, gave just a bit of slip before bringing itself back in to line. Reassuring to know you can have some fun but that the car will look after you.

Next was with traction disabled. I was suprised how much you needed to push before reaching the limit. Once grip was lost a slight lift got the back end under control again. I'm no drift king so I wasn't going crazy with the throttle but after 3 or 4 laps I was exhausted from the G force! 

What a machine it is, more grip than any of my previous cars but also really well balanced - and a lot of fun 😊

Next step is the track...

• Like 2

The back end slip is surprisingly manageable and you can feel it very well for such a big car. I can't drift at all but on some twisters felt it break loose and could always reign it back in with ease. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

It's really good fun, in the right environment, if you are going to do some track days, then save some pennies for tyres 😁

Big Rat

Hmm do I stick with my Michelin road tyres or put wider track tyres on the standard wheels? 🤔

11 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

The back end slip is surprisingly manageable and you can feel it very well for such a big car. I can't drift at all but on some twisters felt it break loose and could always reign it back in with ease. 

Dare I ask how it compares to an evora? The S2 exige I drove was beautifully balanced, so responsive to the throttle. Shame it was just a quick drive 😔

As much as anything else it comes down to cost, if it was me use what you have initially and see how you et on.

As regards a wider tyre I'm not so sure because if you go wider on the rear without rolling the lip it may foul.

Big Rat

4 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Dare I ask how it compares to an evora? The S2 exige I drove was beautifully balanced, so responsive to the throttle. Shame it was just a quick drive 😔

Different league chap. Much lighter, much more steering feel, much better suspension for car balance, faster, flatter in corners, lower etc. 

Not a fair compariosn really. Completely different animals. 

• Like 1

On one of the few trips I did to the Ring with friends I was n my 996 Gt3 they were in a  Caterham and a S2 Exige.

As much as anything else it was about power to weight ratio me down the straights them in the bends.

Me having to work much harder ultimately it was a waste of time, best to give up before the red mist descends or someone's bag of talent runs out.

Big Rat

• Like 2

996 gt3... lovely weapon. Exactly power to weight is the key. I think the Evora is 40 stone ish lighter than the isf. That will tell in any condition. I am seriously thinking of pumping the Evora to 400-430hp. That would be epic!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I am seriously thinking of pumping the Evora to 400-430hp. That would be epic!

I'm seriously thinking of putting super unleaded in the IS-F one day (if I ever get it back from the menders).

430BHP in a Evora - :yahoo:

• Like 1

My tyres have given their best it would seem, but even at the limit of their grip they break away progressively, no snap oversteer.

All this is experienced on empty car parks and disused runways you know................... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flytvr said:

I'm seriously thinking of putting super unleaded in the IS-F one day (if I ever get it back from the menders).

430BHP in a Evora - :yahoo:

Run mine on Super Unleaded all the time:yes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark G said:

My tyres have given their best it would seem, but even at the limit of their grip they break away progressively, no snap oversteer.

All this is experienced on empty car parks and disused runways you know................... 

Kemble is an active airfield!!!

Just now, Flytvr said:

BIG BALLS :)

My NX runs on electricity you know. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

Electricity is for hair dryers and toasters...........................

• Like 1

Just now, Big Rat said:

And she's single as well now so you know you gave me your number the other day............... 

Big Rat

Well she won't like you lot of fossil burning, bunny rabbit murdering V8 drivers - that's for sure!

I've got a Honda S2000 for track days. I'm no driving god, but it's certainly fast enough for me to have a LOT of fun. It can feel a bit down on power for longer straights (especially at Silverstone), but in the twisties it's excellent. I can also afford to replace what might drop off it! 

I'd love to track my ISF, but with the H&S exhaust, it's pushing the noise limits, even on 105dB days! 

Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit! I've already had days at Oulton Park, Thruxton, Castle Combe and Silverstone; I'd like to tick off Brands Hatch and Goodwood during 2017 :-)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

I've got a Honda S2000 for track days. I'm no driving god, but it's certainly fast enough for me to have a LOT of fun. It can feel a bit down on power for longer straights (especially at Silverstone), but in the twisties it's excellent. I can also afford to replace what might drop off it! 

I'd love to track my ISF, but with the H&S exhaust, it's pushing the noise limits, even on 105dB days! 

Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit! I've already had days at Oulton Park, Thruxton, Castle Combe and Silverstone; I'd like to tick off Brands Hatch and Goodwood during 2017 :-)

I'm up to Knockhill in April with the ISF.  Will be interesting to see how it gets on.  I've got images of hammering down straights and being slow and sideways in the bends......hope so anyway!lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links