Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Have ordered some Dodo Juice.  Hope it makes the dirt in my leather extinct !  I'll let you know.

Would be interesting to see some before and afters once it arrives, especially on light leather

1 hour ago, steveledzep said:

Dodo Juice arrived today.  Having used other products, the dirt is not bad at the moment.  I'm off work on Friday, I'll give it a go then......camera is ready.

Oh go on, you know you want to! Besides, its valentines day and the car requires attention :P dont tell the mrs!

Get a cheeky 50/50 in there with some masking tape as well :yahoo:

Had a go with the Dodo Juice this afternoon.  Thought it was ok at cleaning and very easy to use without fear of clogging the perforated seats.

The bolster on the driver's seat didn't change much, the appearance is down to cracks in the surface of the leather I think.  Before and after shots here (in that order).  I did all the seats with it, they weren't really dirty but once you've got your cloth damp there's no knowing when to stop :biggrin:.  Couldn't resist a pic of the finished interior.

DSC01130.JPG

DSC01132.JPG

DSC01136.JPG

22 minutes ago, jackcramerr said:

Can't see the amazing dodo doing much there.... The stiching should have changed color.

Colthes washing detergent will do better job. But might be too harsh for top coat.

On 09/02/2017 at 10:26 PM, NemesisUK said:

Reading my owner's handbook and the advice for cleaning the interior leather is ...

"Remove dirt and dust using a vacuum cleaner.
● Wipe off any excess dirt and dust with a soft cloth dampened with diluted
detergent.
Use a diluted water solution of approximately 5% neutral wool detergent.
● Wring out any excess water from the cloth and thoroughly wipe off all remaining
traces of detergent.
● Wipe the surface with a dry, soft cloth to remove any remaining moisture.
Allow the leather to dry in a shaded and ventilated area."

No mention of conditioners, something I believe is completely pointless on these modern coated leathers.

I have in the past used Dr Leather wipes on previous cars and they are very convenient but basically just paper wipes impregnated with a version of the detergent mentioned in the handbook, plus fragrance.  

On 17 February 2017 at 8:43 PM, steveledzep said:

Had a go with the Dodo Juice this afternoon.  Thought it was ok at cleaning and very easy to use without fear of clogging the perforated seats.

The bolster on the driver's seat didn't change much, the appearance is down to cracks in the surface of the leather I think.  Before and after shots here (in that order).  I did all the seats with it, they weren't really dirty but once you've got your cloth damp there's no knowing when to stop :biggrin:.  Couldn't resist a pic of the finished interior.

DSC01130.JPG

DSC01132.JPG

DSC01136.JPG

Just a thought ...... did you use a softish bristled brush to apply the Dodo juice.

Did my seats about 6 months back and the result was very very impressive. Using a brush I was able to get a good lather going and you could readily see the muck on the wipe off cloth. Couple of squirts and do a patch around 40 x 40 cams at a time.

I have ivory coloured leather too.

This vid will give a good indication of rubbing with a brush.

I found the brush much more effective than a cloth. You can get a good lather generated and work right into the grain of the leather.

I found Dodo to be one of the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveledzep said:

Thanks for that Normski.  I'll give it a go with a soft brush and report back.

They do a sealant too. It has a slight vinegar odour that soon passes. I've found that to be effective too. Brush that on as well and wipe off excess as you do with cleaner.

The brush I use is akin to the old style shoe brush with what I'd describe as medium stiffness and natural bristle. Don't use a brush that's too soft as it won't be so effective. I wouldn't advise using a brush with nylon bristles, that can be a bit abrasive if you're not careful. The leather will feel remarkably different when cleaned.

Start at the top and work downwards. I was surprised to see dirt streaks from dribbles into the area below where I was working when cleaning the seat backs. It proved to me how dirty my leather had become. Wish I'd taken pictures with drivers seat done and passenger seat untouched.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links