Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Exhaust mods

Hi guys yesterday I removed the rear section of my exhaust to hear if I would like it and it is amazing.

Listening to others on YouTube is good enough but when you actually do it to your own it sounds glorious, it really rumbles as soon as you touch the throttle but on tick over its not much louder than standard but you hear the V8 rhythm more.

It's too loud for the wife and it is louder than aftermarket systems which I prefer, so I I'm keeping the standard exhaust with a couple of modifications to it one of them would be a electric valve so it can sound standard for wife then open for me.

What you guys think?

• Like 2

That would be the perfect solution for me, switchable exhaust between day to day driving and 'play time'. Only problem for me is that switchable exhaust would invalidate the warranty, at the moment not comfortable doing that. 

2 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

Hi guys yesterday I removed the rear section of my exhaust to hear if I would like it and it is amazing.

Listening to others on YouTube is good enough but when you actually do it to your own it sounds glorious, it really rumbles as soon as you touch the throttle but on tick over its not much louder than standard but you hear the V8 rhythm more.

It's too loud for the wife and it is louder than aftermarket systems which I prefer, so I I'm keeping the standard exhaust with a couple of modifications to it one of them would be a electric valve so it can sound standard for wife then open for me.

What you guys think?

@Mark6pot it's just so tempting but at the moment the warranty is sacrosanct for me, but if I hear one more V8 that passes me sounding like they were meant to i think I'll 😭 

🐀

I've been running about since yesterday without the rear section on and don't want to put it back on but wife has said it has to go back on.

Next two months the plan will be get PPE Headers and fit them myself.

Get a exhaust shop to plumb in the exhaust valves right after the headers, if there is space to there will be piping from the bypass valves to the rear of the car area with a X section fitted somewhere for exhaust pulse balance and power.

The primary cats will be relocated to the exhaust right behind the valves, so that when the valves are open the exhaust gases bypass the full standard exhaust including the cats.

Will be running with a RR-RACING tune.

Don't know if it will work yet but it will be attempted.

Has anyone done something similar or thought about this?

• Like 1

Did you manage to get a clip of the exhaust Mark?

With regards to Lexus warranty, only the modified parts i.e. exhaust will no longer be covered, everything else still will be covered - other than any issues they can directly attribute to having a non standard exhaust I would guess. I'm sure Stu checked this and posted the info on here although it was when he still owned his F so a good while ago. 

I'm in the middle of making enquiries regarding an exhaust - just need to find somewhere reputable and reasonably local. I'd have an H&S system in a heartbeat but the logistics are just too difficult at the moment with their distance from me even though Ian has said he can probably fit it in a day. 

• Like 1

I am with you on the sound thing but what you are talking about sounds very very expensive to me, I had the rear section removed and custom replacement made, sounds great, all in stainless for £500.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark G said:

I am with you on the sound thing but what you are talking about sounds very very expensive to me, I had the rear section removed and custom replacement made, sounds great, all in stainless for £500.

Yep I've had prices from £750 to £1140 for a Cat back system in stainless but for family day trips they are to loud but for myself on a fun run they are not loud enough.

PPE Headers I think about £1150.

x2 exhaust bypass valves £350 fitted.

Bypass pipework  £225 fitted.

10 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Yep I've had prices from £750 to £1140 for a Cat back system in stainless but for family day trips they are to loud but for myself on a fun run they are not loud enough.

PPE Headers I think about £1150.

x2 exhaust bypass valves £350 fitted.

Bypass pipework  £225 fitted.

RR Racing OBD tune also about £450 I think.

2 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

A short sound clip with just rear mufflers removed, outside a community centre so didn't rev to high.

Ignore me and the wife.

Sounds good through the TV. 

20170403_123101.mp4

Thanks for posting this Mark, it sounds great.

10 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

RR Racing OBD tune also about £450 I think.

I'm in a similar situation to you, though i am doing it in stages over next 6-9 months. Hoping to be at 500bhp ish.

Fit HPS  intake with AFE panel filter-done

Fit H+S cat back system

Fit PPE headers

Fit race cats in H+S system

RR tune with hand commander.

I'm expecting it to be around £3.5k in total but may fit headers myself

Would like to supercharge next year but depends if the wife wants a conservatory.

To be honest, it's all about the noise for me, it's the sole reason i was in the market for a V8 in the 1st place

Marcus

• Like 4

@Jgtcracer All 'sounds' great matey, now if you want the wifey dissuading as regards the installation of a conservatory then I'm your man, just tell her they are to hot then to cold add nothing to the value of the property, take up to much footage from the garden, make it virtually impossible to maintain the rear of the house above it. And require constant cleaning.

Shoukd you require a full list of negatives feel free to ask 😂

🐀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@Jgtcracer All 'sounds' great matey, now if you want the wifey dissuading as regards the installation of a conservatory then I'm your man, just tell her they are to hot then to cold add nothing to the value of the property, take up to much footage from the garden, make it virtually impossible to maintain the rear of the house above it. And require constant cleaning.

Shoukd you require a full list of negatives feel free to ask 😂

🐀

All sounds like a lot of hard work, it's easier just to get a new wife.

I've always modified cars and have a habit of ruining them.  I wonder if a super charged car could be a daily driver

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links