Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Intermittent Rear Brake Squeal.

Hi,  

I occasionally get brake squeal from the Drivers Side Rear Caliper during normal driving, I'm assuming the caliper isn't returning properly (possibly starting to seize).

Does anyone know if this is will be covered under warranty.  I don't want to take the day off to pay Lexus prices for something a local garage could fix.  Lexus just said on the phone that they would have to investigate.  

Doesn't help that it is intermittent, I can go a while an not squeal at all, then it will be back for a 50 miles or so, so I can imagine going in only to be told there is nothing wrong.

Appreciate others thoughts and to know if this is known issue.  Searched the forum but not seen anything specific to the IS300H.

Thanks,

Darren.

The slide pins in the brake callipers are prone to seizing across the the range of Lexus cars. So this is a strong possibility. Lexus do not lubricate these as part of the service something that needs doing annually as preventative maintenance.

John. 

• Like 1

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I had come across the slide pin issues but didn't see any reference to this model of Lexus. So this morning I decided to take a look myself and you were correct, the lower slide pin in the caliper was stuck, quick tap with the hammer and its moving freely.  Not sure how long it will last before sticking again, but I think I'll order new boots and appropriate grease and fix it properly myself next weekend.   

Thanks,

Darren

The rear brakes are not used very much with regenerative braking. The sequel on my GS was cured by a new set of pads & some Ceratec. I didn't pay Lexus prices just did it myself. it is very straight forward.  

Ed:yes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links