Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Phiilips Blue Vision Bulbs & Pia Bulbs

vic

I recently bought some Phillips blue vision bulbs & have found that the standard bulbs are better. The blue vision bulbs give off lest light & have reduced my night time viewing distance, anyone else found the same?

Ive been told that 'Pia' bulbs are the best, apparently their 51w bulb gives off the equiv of a 100watt bulb!! That sounds more like it...only trouble is that they cost £70 a pair & I dont want to fork out if they are not going to live up to expectations, anyone tried these?

Ive seen the HID thread so please dont reply with 'see thread.......'

Any help/advice would be great,

Cheers

To be honest Vic my opinion is totally opposite.

I honestly think Phillips Blue Vision are 10 times better than standard,they seem to light the road better and main beam is like daylight

I have PIAA Xtreme white bulbs on my car - and I think they're worth every penny - astonishing light output - 4000K colour temperature - which is about as bright as you're ever going to get with a halogen bulb.

I have also used PIAA SuperWhites - pretty good too.

Blue bulbs are, by definition, always going to be less bright than white bulbs!!

I have to say I'm with Chris on this one... Blue vision have made a considerable improvement on my old bulbs - however, in saying that I am also interested to hear Rodders' views. Maybe I canb have a look at your lights when we meet Rodders? :tumble:

Rodders - are they good for long distance driving in terms of life? I have previously had Ring bulbs and they blew really quickly, but they had a disclaimer on the box saying "not suited to long distance driving" as the filament would wear quicker. Is that the case with these?

Originally posted by Rodders_UK

I have PIAA Xtreme white bulbs on my car - and I think they're worth every penny - astonishing light output - 4000K colour temperature - which is about as bright as you're ever going to get with a halogen bulb.

I have also used PIAA SuperWhites -

pretty good too.

Blue bulbs are, by definition, always going to be less bright than white bulbs!!

Yea they are the bulbs I was on about...cheers I think i'll buy some :tumble:

As for the blue vision bulbs...Ive just checked my old ones & they are non standard...my car was six months old when I bought it so the previous owner must of swapped them....they are made by ring! so they could be an upgrade??

Originally posted by Zee007

Rodders - are they good for long distance driving in terms of life? I have previously had Ring bulbs and they blew really quickly, but they had a disclaimer on the box saying "not suited to long distance driving" as the filament would wear quicker. Is that the case with these?

Zee - they last pretty well. I go everywhere with mine on all the time, as I want to be seen by all the other eejits!!. I do about 30,000 miles a year and the PIAA bulbs seem to last about 18 months before blowing - then they seem to blow at about the same time - so I'd say they last better than most. My high beams, which I obvioulsy use less often, have had SuperWhites in for over 2 years without being changed.

You can buy SuperWhites from GG in Leicester - they didn't have Xtreme Whites last time I checked - I had to get them mail order and they're imported from Japan - but GG may have some now.

The Xtreme whites fit both 9005 and 9006 - you change a small ring on the base of the lamp to adjust focus, although I don't think it matters on a Lex because of the reflector lens. The SuperWhites coe in 9005 and 9006 flavours.

Cheers

Rod:bounce:

Got the PIAA bulbs now.....Wow they are great!!! Decided on the Super white version oposed to the xtreme white version. They really are worth every penny, these bulbs make the blue vision ones look like i was driving in candlelight. Highly recomended even if they are £70 a set!!

Incidently...in there brochure the IS is splattered all over it....they make a HID spotlight kit which looks pretty mighty :tumble: But it will set you back a massive £995 :o

Originally posted by vic

Got the PIAA Bulbs now.....Wow they are great!!! Decided on the Super white version oposed to the xtreme white version. They really are worth every penny, these bulbs make the blue vision ones look like i was driving in candlelight. Highly recomended even if they are £70 a set!!

Nice one Vic:bounce:

Originally posted by lexussport

If ever you get blinded from a Lexus behind you, Its me, with my Standard HID Lamps.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I tell ya Dave, you might be surpised by my Xtreme Whites mate - I really don't think there's a lot in it.:bounce:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links