Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supra Brakes

?UESTLOVE

• 1 month later...

That's right, the Supra TT calipers will fit, but will require brackets.

The most common setup in Hong Kong is currently using the LS400 (UCF21) monoblock 4-pot calipers and add brackets to those.

Since used LS400 calipers can be found and are also very light (compared to both the Supra TT and original IS200 calipers), these are very popular among the Altezza people :)

One of my friends has one reconditioned set for sale. Do not know the price yet.

The look similar to the ones on the pic, but will be in red.

what about soarer TT discs and calipers,, are these not the same as whats used on the supra TT.

what about the differences between the UK and Jap spec parts..

Not sure, but since the Soarer and the Supra share the same platform, you will have the same issues of fitment.

Any Toyota big brake calipers will require additional brackets to fit on the IS200/IS300/Altezza.

For the GS300 Mk2 (JZS161) the Supra TT calipers are fit bolt-on, no changes required.

The Supra TT calipers are about 10% lighter than the standard GS/IS caliper, but the Toyota monoblock calipers that are on the LS400/430 are about 30% lighter than the Supra ones.

They are not cheap, about $800 (AUD) just for Calipers.

My friend has a set of Brand new Wilwood 4 Piston calipers for sale, $400 (AUD) so Im thinking of buying these instead..

;) In another forum, some people compared a custom set of 4-pot Wilwood and the standard GS (i.e. the same as the IS) calipers, and they found out that the stopping power of the standard calipers better was than the Wilwood 4-pot.

• 3 weeks later...
They are not cheap, about $800 (AUD) just for Calipers.

My friend has a set of Brand new Wilwood 4 Piston calipers for sale, $400 (AUD) so Im thinking of buying these instead..

;) In another forum, some people compared a custom set of 4-pot Wilwood and the standard GS (i.e. the same as the IS) calipers, and they found out that the stopping power of the standard calipers better was than the Wilwood 4-pot.

Really?? hhaha!

Damn, lucky I havent bought them!!

I heard the IS is the same as Soarer, both caliper and disc! If it is, Ill just keep them!! Although, the standard brakes are great, I do feel a little fade when racing in the mountains, but maybe im comparing too much with my Supra.

There is nothing wrong with the IS, GS brakes in normal use. They provide enough power to lock up the wheels/activiate the ABS and therefore provide the maximum performance (brakes that produce more power would just be wasted - you can only stop as quick as the tyres will let you).

There are five reasons to upgrade:

-You want the brakes to look nicer

-You want a different feel (won't decrease stopping distance, but may require less effort from the driver)

-You want less brake dust

-You have wider/softer tyres that will allow more braking

-You get brake fade with continuous use (e.g. on a track/towing/mountain driving)

What about if there is a 1JZGTE in the IS200?? :P

:lol:

I guess that would be the last option. Still it doesn't matter what engine you put in there it won't stop any faster than the tyres/suspension will allow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links