Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2006 RX-300 transmission service

I just bought a 2006 harrier with no service history so planning to change the transmission fluid and filter asap.  How much should I expect to pay?  Is it a big job?

I had mine done within the first week or two of ownership which is almost two years ago now so I may not be absolutely right with these prices, but I think a new transmission fluid filter, gasket and O-ring came to just short of £100, plus 10 litres of Toyota Type IV transmission fluid (seem to remember it takes about 9 litres) was just over £100, plus labour if you aren't doing it yourself.

I'm afraid I can't even look at the receipts because I left all paperwork with the car when we traded it in about four weeks ago, but I don't think I'm too far out there.

Thanks!  According to my owners manual the transmission takes 3.5L - did you use 10L because it was changed three times to get all the old fluid out?

5 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

Thanks!  According to my owners manual the transmission takes 3.5L - did you use 10L because it was changed three times to get all the old fluid out?

Yes, I think that's what happened. To be honest I'm on some strong pain-killing meds that make me fairly forgetful but I do know that all the fluid was flushed and changed, including the contents of the torque converter - just can't remember if it was done all in one go or over three goes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links