Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h - BHP Confusion

5 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

I'd like to know too.  Is the lower number just the output of the petrol engine and the higher number includes the power of the electric motors too ?

The specs on new cars show engine output as 262bhp, front electric motor 167bhp, rear electric motor 68bhp 

Confusing..

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Why are some models listed on the Lexus Pre-Owned search shown as 313 bhp and some as 263 bhp? They are all 3.5ltr hybrids

Some may be series III and others are series IV, and some are quoting petrol engine, and others combined hybrid output.

The series IV has a combined max. power output of 313 DIN hp, with petrol engine at 262 DIN hp

The series III was 299 DIN hp combined, and petrol engine 249 DIN hp.

Edited by ColinBarber

1 minute ago, ColinBarber said:

Some may be series III and others are series IV, and some are quoting petrol engine, and others combined hybrid output.

The series IV has a combined max. power output of 313 bhp. The series III was 295 bhp.

When did it change from III to IV?

As it's Lexus listing, one would expect them to standardise the way they quote the power output?

The current series IV arrived around Jan 2016. Easy to tell by looking at the mpg figures if it is a series III or IV, other than looking pictures.

Yes you would expect them all to be listed consistently, sadly there are a lot of things lacking on the Lexus GB website.

7 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

As it's Lexus listing, one would expect them to standardise the way they quote the power output?

Sadly not. When I was looking for an RX450h I had a test drive in a red 13-plate Luxury at Lexus Bradford. In the listing it had 20" wheels, Active Park Assist, Blind Spot Monitor and something else I can't remember at the moment. Needless to say, it had none of them.

2 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Sadly not. When I was looking for an RX450h I had a test drive in a red 13-plate Luxury at Lexus Bradford. In the listing it had 20" wheels, Active Park Assist, Blind Spot Monitor and something else I can't remember at the moment. Needless to say, it had none of them.

Yes, I've noticed many inaccuracies like those but they are relatively 'easy' to check, still shouldn't happen though.

Stuff like mpg and system power have to be taken on 'face value' .. 

Yep, as Colin said its 3RX and 4RX differences. So combined output on the 4RX is 308hp and 262hp from the combustion engine.

Similiar to how the combined output on an RC is 223hp and 178hp from the engine. 

The 4RX actually came out at the end of 2015. Earliest registered ones are Dec 2015.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links