Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Michele, minimum pad thickness is typically 3mm across the trade but even if you're getting close to this then I'd get them replaced as pads often wear unevenly.

Pad wear can be uneven across a single pad or between the inner and outer pads, so check all 4 pads to be sure.

A minimum brake disk thickness is usually noted per vehicle, is this what you meant to ask?

• Like 1

When pads are at minimum you can hear a hard noise coming from wear indicator mounted on pads that scratches disk. Of course, if during usual service pads  need to be soon changed, they are substituted before that signal.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Brake pad wear indicators have been out for decades. 

They have indeed.

I can't remember if it was my old Ford Granada or my Rover 800 Sterling (possibly even both) that had electric ones that would illuminate a warning light in the instrument cluster if the pads got so low and other cars I've had used the audible screeching noise to warn you.

Ideally though @L3xu5 Mum, they should never be allowed to get that low anyway.

28 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Wow a fellow lexus owner whose owned a Rover 800 Sterling too. What''s the chances of that? 

Beautiful cars, loved every minute of owning it. My wife once had an altercation with a lamp post whilst reversing off her sister's driveway in it. It needed a new door anyway so I thought I'd have a bit of fun and drove it around like this for about a month before getting it sorted:

car002.jpg

• Like 2

Ooooops. I loved mine too. It was strata silver I think (the dark metallic grey) with superb tan leather interior. It was the 1st car I did a hifi installation. It was also the 1st of 3 800 series Rovers. The other 2 were vitesses 2.7 V6 and then the 2.0 turbo. Loved all 3 of them. Oh very happy years.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links